• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you guys think about dota and icefrog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
yes, but i'm really pissed off when people can't differ DotA and wc3

You'll get used to it, don't worry. I used to be an adventurer... I mean pissed when the local playerbase here did that too. Instead of explaining them the difference, I just tell them "You cut class again, didn't you?".

Level 10
Too cartoonish for your tastes DukeCz?

Original is cartoonish as well. It's just that in warcraft there are those great ideas like samurai orc, minotaur creature with big log or monster sewed up from different bodies, buttefly dragon... but dota 2 feels like it's just some random ugly guys with no originality. It's hard to explain :D

Level 10
Stolen is not exactly what I mean. More like when they were designing the hero, it feels to me they just said: ,,Give him some mask, cape, staff and we are done.'' They are weird and there is just nothing interesting about them. Look at Rubick. What the hell is he supposed to be? I understand that they had it harder because there was not some world or story they could follow, but they could at least set a theme so heroes are not so random.

But that's just my opinion. I know that lot of people don't agree with me on this.
I've also grown up on warcraft so I am a bit biased :D

I actually liked the hero design of Rubick in DotA 2... One hero design there that I have mixed feelings with is Leviathan... and oh well, I don't like how simple Laguna Blade's model is... haha

but on-topic... hmmmm... Why DotA and IceFrog? why not start with DotA and Eul, then DotA and Guinsoo, then finally DotA and IceFrog?

Because of dota, Warcraft 3 became successful . But In the Philippines, the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne called "dotA" by many players and I hate to heard that shit , I said to them that dota is a custom map only for warcraft 3 . They don't know the melee maps, the rpg maps, and other map genres . And also, the other's maps ignored because of dotA ... I think it's time to play other's map . I saw many awesome AOS maps here and also from the other site .

Level 8
Because of dota, Warcraft 3 became successful . But In the Philippines, the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne called "dotA" by many players and I hate to heard that shit , I said to them that dota is a custom map only for warcraft 3 . They don't know the melee maps, the rpg maps, and other map genres . And also, the other's maps ignored because of dotA ... I think it's time to play other's map . I saw many awesome AOS maps here and also from the other site .

I know that feel. I too have experienced that. And most of my friends keep telling me to stop making maps because dota is already there. And also most of them think they know more about warcraft than me even though they've never searched deeper into warcraft 3.

I know that feel. I too have experienced that. And most of my friends keep telling me to stop making maps because dota is already there. And also most of them think they know more about warcraft than me even though they've never searched deeper into warcraft 3.

yes, I'm telling to my friends that I am a modder of warcraft and I know many things, Some of my friends don't know the editor and any aspects of warcraft 3 , But I have a some friends that know the warcraft but they don't like to make maps or creating resources .

Status
Not open for further replies.