[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Gamer's Hub > WarCraft Discussion

WarCraft Discussion Discuss topics related to Blizzard's Warcraft franchise, including Warcraft I, II and III. Ask questions about anything not covered in other forums.
Want to discuss topics related to World of Warcraft? Go to the World of Warcraft Forum.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User The_wand_mirror
Iconoclast

The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)
Warcraft Movie?

Is there any hope to see warcraft in the cinema one day? :D

That would be cool ;)
Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Lowly Noob
SKY P@L@DUIN

Lowly Noob is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
i think theres another thread about this but personally i d like to see a warcraft movie but havent heard anything concrete about it happening

wouldn't it be cool to have a paladin and dark templar together

zerg/protoss hybrid

noob just a noob
Lowly Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Iconoclast

The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowly Noob View Post
i think theres another thread about this but personally i d like to see a warcraft movie but havent heard anything concrete about it happening
Once i read something about a movie :P was just wondering ;)
Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User MetalWarrior
yay it's fucked! :D

MetalWarrior has little to show at this moment (15)MetalWarrior has little to show at this moment (15)
What about starcraft?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Bob27
User

Bob27 is a name known to all (721)Bob27 is a name known to all (721)Bob27 is a name known to all (721)Bob27 is a name known to all (721)Bob27 is a name known to all (721)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2005 
http://www.blizzard.com/press/060509.shtml
Bob27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Samuraid
Undead's Bane

Samuraid is a splendid one to behold (831)Samuraid is a splendid one to behold (831)Samuraid is a splendid one to behold (831)Samuraid is a splendid one to behold (831)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
And here as well:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Dacav man
User

Dacav man is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
I think there will possibly be a movie on Warcraft 3, Famous games turn in to movies all the time such as..
Doom,Mortal Kombat and many others. So i would say there is probably a chance that it will happen. (hopefully it wont take as long as the simpsons movie)
Dacav man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacav man View Post
I think there will possibly be a movie on Warcraft 3, Famous games turn in to movies all the time such as..
Doom,Mortal Kombat and many others. So i would say there is probably a chance that it will happen. (hopefully it wont take as long as the simpsons movie)
The problem with doom and mortal kombat and such was that they where considered as 'bad' movies .. i still didnt look any game-based movie .. but i think a WoW Movie would surely scare some ppl because the WoW vibe,but also attract a lot of fans. And i finaly hope that ppl can see a game based movie can be rly good ( Warcraft is just like LOTR but then better! ).
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Fire_Onyx
User

Fire_Onyx is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
No,lets not scrap the warcraft scenario by a stupid movie,have anyone saw Eragon movie?I did,and i asked for refund because that movie was the worst adaptation i ever saw...I don't want warcraft to turn the same...
Fire_Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Moderator HappyTauren
MUHAMMAD MAN

Resource Moderator

HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1736)
blizzard isn't fool, ya know :)
HappyTauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Fire_Onyx
User

Fire_Onyx is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTauren View Post
blizzard isn't fool, ya know :)
Any cheap idiot could make a warcraft movie,but it would end as crappy as Eragon was .

I don't think blizzard would make a warcraft movie...
Fire_Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
They can and knowing the ammount of effort they are putting into WoW they probably will.

Probably will be junk anyway featuring the death of some famed hero that will leave so people stuned at how it could happen.

Well anyway lets not spread fiction about Wc movie lets just wait and see since anyway, anything we say makes no differerence.
Dr Super Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User brad.dude03
The Real Deal.

brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2004 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Onyx View Post
Any cheap idiot could make a warcraft movie,but it would end as crappy as Eragon was .

I don't think blizzard would make a warcraft movie...
You know why that movie sucked? Because the book sucked. As I explained to everyone who would listen when the movie came out, this book/movie is taking the star wars plot line, changing some names, and then putting it into a dragons and elves and magic setting.

Yes, they ARE apparently making a warcraft movie, I remember seeing the news about it way back when it was announced. It isn't going anywhere as of now because there hasen't been any news on it... but here's the deal: Every video game ever turned into a movie has sucked. Every single one. They've all been absolutely horrible. I expect that, as hard as Blizzard tries, The WC movie will end up the same. The only movie that will ever break this curse (possibly) is the Halo movie. Ya know why? Peter Jackson is on board as Director, and he hasen't made a crappy movie yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad.dude03 View Post
You know why that movie sucked? Because the book sucked. As I explained to everyone who would listen when the movie came out, this book/movie is taking the star wars plot line, changing some names, and then putting it into a dragons and elves and magic setting.

Yes, they ARE apparently making a warcraft movie, I remember seeing the news about it way back when it was announced. It isn't going anywhere as of now because there hasen't been any news on it... but here's the deal: Every video game ever turned into a movie has sucked. Every single one. They've all been absolutely horrible. I expect that, as hard as Blizzard tries, The WC movie will end up the same. The only movie that will ever break this curse (possibly) is the Halo movie. Ya know why? Peter Jackson is on board as Director, and he hasen't made a crappy movie yet.
I dont think the WC movie will be crap because its just like LOTR! .. i mean if blizzard found a studio that understands they're ideas then why coulndt it be a good movie? .. im surley gonna see it ..
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User brad.dude03
The Real Deal.

brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)brad.dude03 has much of which to be proud (1110)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2004 
No, because if it's just like LOTR then it will be booed as a ripoff. I don't think Blizzard can win here. It has to be high quality and original. Borrowing from another popular franchise to enhance their own standing will not help them when the critics come calling. Unless they get someone good onboard as a director, producer or screenwriter etc, or they find some phenominal underground talent in a rising prodigy, this movie will end up in the trash along with doom, house of the dead, bloodrayne and all the others...