• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV, what story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
After reading this tread about Warcraft 4 being something we would consider I had this thing on my mind..

What will the game actualy be based on?
You know the main story line?

Like what do you want to happen?
What races would you like to see?
Who will fight whom for what reason, that kind of stuf, what story will we see?

Personaly I would actualy like blizzard ignore the fact they ever made WoW and continue Warcraft IV after the events of Warcraft III.
Like each race will actualy become a playable race. You can play as Elves[Blood], Humans, Dwarfs instaid of just, the humans.

Illidan and Arthas etc are all dead! Yes! xD
But now the world faces a new treath, the destruction of Azeroth!
Some evil race from a different planet (like outland it connects between a portal) and out that portal a group of powerfull creatures come destroying the world.
At first you have to liek defend them but it's in vain so most races retreath to outland and try to counter attack from there but fel orcs, draenei and demons (all playable races ofourse :p) will try to kill other races.

Meh this would seem nice to me. xD

Last edited:
Level 13
That's what they would do. Even though it'd piss people off that their character MrBeeches37123 didn't singlehandedly kill Arthas and become the Lich King.

Level 25
I've seen absolutely no source for those claims. I presume they'd say that some random adventurers killed them

After all, a bunch of random adventurers lead by Lothar killed Medivh in the first place

As for what happens, anything could happen. If you went to a WC2 forum and told them that WC3 would be about an undead invasion and Lorderan getting wiped out, along with orcs moving to conquer a new land with their shamanistic ways and encountering wild, savage elves who end up helping them to defeat demons, I wouldn't be surprised if no one believed you

Level 4
I've seen absolutely no source for those claims. I presume they'd say that some random adventurers killed them

After all, a bunch of random adventurers lead by Lothar killed Medivh in the first place
well in wc1 it was several footmen, crossbowmen(archer), knights, cleric, and conjurers who did that..

now, not straying too far off as that has since been retconned and added in Lothar and Khadgar into the mix

I would be happy if some of the events in WoW(not all) would be retconned, some are good and do not contradict the previous games, and some are just plain dumbshit

Level 6
I wouldn't be surprised if they just said "WoW'" is alternative universe and Warcraft 4 a different universe, that way they can do whatever they want with the story.

Sony did that for Everquest 1 and 2. instead of connecting the two games together in story, Everquest 1 and 2 are considered in different universes from each other.

That means, they can still make expansion packs/extra story to Everquest 1 while still doing whatever they want with Everquest 2;

Now, not sure what Blizzard will do, but I'm guessing it's easiest for them and for us to just either ignore some of WoW's story or just ignore all of it(like consider it alt. universe).

Level 34
I wouldn't be surprised if they just said "WoW'" is alternative universe and Warcraft 4 a different universe, that way they can do whatever they want with the story.

Sony did that for Everquest 1 and 2. instead of connecting the two games together in story, Everquest 1 and 2 are considered in different universes from each other.

That means, they can still make expansion packs/extra story to Everquest 1 while still doing whatever they want with Everquest 2;

Now, not sure what Blizzard will do, but I'm guessing it's easiest for them and for us to just either ignore some of WoW's story or just ignore all of it(like consider it alt. universe).

Don't forget Final Fantasy, twelve times.

Level 27
No way, in Warcraft IV he died, but he and Sylvannas had children! xD
And now they are going to destroy earth! >=D

One of the most likely scenarios they will make... xD

Yeah sure he just died. If they do kill of the main characters like that, then blizzard may officially call themselves retards and announce that they fail at lore but win at making gameplay.

Level 16
Yeah sure he just died. If they do kill of the main characters like that, then blizzard may officially call themselves retards and announce that they fail at lore but win at making gameplay.

/agree

anyway, even if he stays dead, Sargeras is still out there so... who knows what's his next goal

oh and:
wc4 using somewhat better graphics than wow, but based on it would really really rock... imagine all close-camera maps you could make, without being ashamed of textures and model quality your camera is staring at

Level 13
No way, in Warcraft IV he died, but he and Sylvannas had children! xD
And now they are going to destroy earth! >=D

One of the most likely scenarios they will make... xD

You, young sir, have a problem. (Jk)

There was a thread about this before. No WC4 untill WoW has milked every MMORPG player his last dolar from his pocket.

Level 17
Take note I keep saying, if they make it.. :p

Oh but I think it will be harder on mapmakers, their maps and terrains might look fubah (my word xD) with so many details, it would be hard to make it look like that.. :p

And people I was asking for a storyline of what you would like to see kinda.. xD

Level 14
I wouldnt be mad if two factors were brought into WC4 that WoW brushed on and passed by.

The Elemental lords. They are still hanging out in the Elemental Plane. We only got to see Ragnaros and Thunderaan, but there is still that entire world that may attack Azeroth.

Now, in unison with that.

The ancient Evil forces of the Old Ones are still locked away, only C'thun has been able to break free. What happens when they break free of their shackles? Will the destruction of Azeroth be at hand?

Yep, I could see that story happening.

You guys, ONLY focusing on stuff that has been burned up in WC3 and WoW.

~Asomath

Level 16
Hmm speaking of C'thun, I was stunned to see how many things in wow weren't original, and like that's not enough, blizz made them obvious. I can't remember a good example, except the one you just mentioned... C'thun and old ones. It is copied from necronomicon, story of C'thulhu and ancient ones.

Oh and area 52... I mean c'mon, that wasn't even funny.

Oh, and that quest named: "You, robot"?

I know there were more examples I can't remember at the moment but that's what I dislike the most... I was pretty disappointed to see that kind of stuff

Level 9
In my opionion it only needs 3 requirments:
- My pc needs to be able to play it.
- It needs to look better then wc3
- It needs to have more then 4 races that are unique.
- IT NEEDS A MAPEDITOR xD

The only thing I don't agree with you on is more than 4 races; the more races there are, the harder to balance, the less unique they can be. Think about the ton of "Age of Empire" type games that can't really have much diversity race to race.

Hmm speaking of C'thun, I was stunned to see how many things in wow weren't original, and like that's not enough, blizz made them obvious. I can't remember a good example, except the one you just mentioned... C'thun and old ones. It is copied from necronomicon, story of C'thulhu and ancient ones.

Oh and area 52... I mean c'mon, that wasn't even funny.

Oh, and that quest named: "You, robot"?

I know there were more examples I can't remember at the moment but that's what I dislike the most... I was pretty disappointed to see that kind of stuff

They try to do real life references. Don't forget Haris Pilton, and Harrison Jones! The list goes on, I'm just too lazy to hunt down the list.

Level 25
The Elemental lords. They are still hanging out in the Elemental Plane. We only got to see Ragnaros and Thunderaan, but there is still that entire world that may attack Azeroth.

Thunderaan isn't an Elemental Lord, he's just an Elemental Prince and subservant to Al'Akir, the Elemental Lord of Wind

Also, speaking of Elemental Princes and Princesses, the final boss of Mara? Daughter of Therazane the Stonemother, the Elemental Lord (Lady?) of Earth

EVERYONE copies from that. Also, its Lovecraftian horror

Blizzard aren't alone in using concepts from it. Everyone does

Level 17
The only thing I don't agree with you on is more than 4 races; the more races there are, the harder to balance, the less unique they can be. Think about the ton of "Age of Empire" type games that can't really have much diversity race to race.

I disagree, ever played DoW: Dark Crusade? It had more then 4 unique races, I think 7? or 8, I forgot. Don't have the game anymore.
In the Expansion after that 2 more races came but,, they well they were not so unique but it's possible.
Just all of the races WoW has + Naga and Fel Orcs and Demons, mwhahah xD.

Level 5
Warcraft IV would be money making and its ads would pay its self off plus it would get Blizzard enormous amounts of money.

Level 22
Yeah, after Wow they are going to have to write a lot of new lore, since WoW concluded everything that happened in WC3 and prior. My guess is Wc4 would explore into maybe Sargaras' future defeat. As for Arthas's demise, I imagine it (the raid fight in WoW) will be a heavily scripted fight, similar to Illidan fight in Black Temple, where maeve and akama both partook in finally defeating him, and was thus written into the lore as such. Arthas will probably have a slew of people helping down him as well, like Darian Morgrain and Tirion Fordring, which THAT is what the lore will continue from, not the 20 people wearing pink tabards and crazy immature names.
-VGsatomi

After reading this tread about Warcraft 4 being something we would consider I had this thing on my mind..

What will the game actualy be based on?
You know the main story line?

Like what do you want to happen?
What races would you like to see?
Who will fight whom for what reason, that kind of stuf, what story will we see?

Personaly I would actualy like blizzard ignore the fact they ever made WoW and continue Warcraft IV after the events of Warcraft III.
Like each race will actualy become a playable race. You can play as Elves[Blood], Humans, Dwarfs instaid of just, the humans.

Illidan and Arthas etc are all dead! Yes! xD
But now the world faces a new treath, the destruction of Azeroth!
Some evil race from a different planet (like outland it connects between a portal) and out that portal a group of powerfull creatures come destroying the world.
At first you have to liek defend them but it's in vain so most races retreath to outland and try to counter attack from there but fel orcs, draenei and demons (all playable races ofourse :p) will try to kill other races.

Meh this would seem nice to me. xD

100% agree with that!

Level 17
If they are going to make the map...
I hope they won't screw them up like SC2 and D3...
Oh and don't start, I say they are screwing up and if u think they don't then thats just fine by me.

Hm, what kind of races would we could see.. hmmm.
Human, Orc, Night Elfs and Undead at least.
Also Naga seems logical to me.
Others might be, Draenei, Dwarfs, Blood Elfs, Trolls, Tauren, Demon, Fel Orcs, Gnomes??!! Haha Gnome warrior attacks Taure warrior.. *splat* Tauren: Oh I think I steped on something......

Level 15
1) WC4 will have a stupid storyline
2) Illidan isn't dead, he just got his stomach cut open.
3) If you read the books, Illidan is betrayed and killed by Akama, so shutup. They also say it happened in WoW, but that was Maeiv and Akam teaming up. I remember reading it in one of the "sequel books".
4) The Draeni? You mean the remnants of the Eredar who follow Akama? They can't possibly be a playable race, considering the "Draeni" are Akama and his followers. For those of you who don't know, the Draeni are actually the last remnants of the Eredar who were corrupted and became the first Burning Legion.
5) It'll probably have some stupid story like Khagdar tries to assemble the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Orcs, and Tauren and they will launch a final assault on the Lich King.

Besides, Blizzard will not relate WoW to WC4...atleast I hope not.

Level 30
I've been thinking and came up with a few ideas / theories :D None of which are based on sources or fact, theyre 100% made up :)

1. The wow players somehow remove the litch king from arthas, and he suddenly becomes good once again? man... that would be such a let down :)

2. Blizzard introduce yet another demon ascociated with the burning legion, and warcraft 3 starts all over again -_- Such as the revival of Sargeras? Theres like a million references to him, but we never actually see him in action :p

3. Hey? what do you know? We're suddenly 1000 years in the future! :) Most of the main characters died a long time ago, and only a few of them remain such as Sylvanas and various other immortal / undead characters xD

4. A Prequel! Set in a time before the events of the existing warcraft series! How fun would that be? Playing as Arthas' great great grand-daddy, or the time of medivh, and the coming of the horde to azeroth?

Level 27
What you said in the first post would be pretty stupid.

They make all these charachters like arthas and illidan become a demon and a powerfull death knight and even lich king which is probably the most powerfull entity on azeroth. And then u think they are going to get them killed?

If they do that lol. I will not play wc4 for the story then.

Level 17
You know what would be fun, Blizzard making warcraft universe or w/e just making up some stupid game.
No story, no nothing.

Just an huge amount of uber looking models, for each race and millions of doodads and unlimited terrain textures all combined into a nice and cool mapmaker.
And ofcourse an app like the original wc3 that can play those custom maps.

Together with new possibilities with triggers we could make our own fun maps, they wont even have to worry about making yet another crappy lore.

Level 34
And stop talking crap like "OMFG LOL ARTHAZ AND ILIDIEN R ALL DEAD". No, they survived all the raids, despite being badly wounded several times.

Baldur's Gate 2 (2001) did that too since the story continued after BG1.
Several characters from the first game make a comeback, some of which are NPCs who can (re)join the player's party. These are Imoen (who has become dual classed to a Mage/Thief), Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin and Viconia. Because Baldur's Gate II does not check the status of these characters at the end of the first game, they appear even if they perished in the course of the previous adventure. The designers make light of this, often prompting the player character to ask: "Aren't you dead?"--which can be disconcerting, if they did not die--if they survived, the player is given the opportunity to ask the ubiquitous "Can you remember me?", which often gives the much needed excuse to fill in backstory and give new players a sense of what has gone before. Also, the game assumes that the six-person party at the end of the game included the main protagonist, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, and Khalid.
Since this 'feature' was very handy, other games like WoW would do the same too.

Status
Not open for further replies.