• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Warcraft 3 prerelease material thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This Thread will only be about warcraft 3 prerelease material and some special things about the release versions, such as screenshots, videos, audio files, photos, boxshots, cd covers, articles from magazines, interviews, and warcraft 3 gimmicks you could get at ects and e3 and limited edition items like collector's edition or tshirts.

Don't forget to visit Elzabbul's Warcraft Evolution website: Beta Madness!
And you should also visit Scrolls of Lore

Feel free to post many comments!

1999.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

5138DRAGON1.jpg

5138WCIII1.jpg

5138NEW.jpg

5138FROSTWYRM.jpg

5138GRUNTRUSH.jpg

5138KNIGHTS.jpg

screenshot9.jpg

screenshot10.jpg

previewcd.jpg

warcraft3007.jpg

15.jpg

Ects1999.jpg

Trailer
Bill Roper (German)
Rob Pardo
Rob Pardo 10 years later

11/1999 (German)
3/2000-1 (German)
3/2000-2 (German)

cd1999.png

screenshot11.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

screenshot13.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

Rob Pardo

screenshot19.jpg

war3-ss01-1280.jpg

war3-ss02-1280.jpg

war3-ss03-1280.jpg

war3-ss04-800.jpg

war3-ss05-800.jpg

[/youtube]

ss06-800.jpg

ss07-800.jpg

ss08-800.jpg

ss09-800.jpg

ss10-800.jpg

screenshot27.jpg

screenshot28.jpg

screenshot29.jpg

screenshot30.jpg

screenshot31.jpg

And the last Pre-E3 2000 screenshot. It already has square gold display instead of the eye-shaped one, but the font size is still bigger than in the E3 version.
ss11-800.jpg

screenshot32.jpg

screenshot33.jpg

screenshot34.jpg

screenshot35.jpg

screenshot36.jpg

screenshot37.jpg

screenshot38.jpg

screenshot39.jpg

screenshot40.jpg

adrian1b-sml.jpg

bob_susan.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

82.jpg

bob.jpg

dsc00031_004.jpg

dsc00149_001.jpg

undead-abom.jpg

undead-nec.jpg

banner.jpg

blizzard-booth3.jpg

bob_demo.jpg

cine.jpg

orc-wyvernroost.jpg

(German)

2001-2.jpg

(German)
(German)

ss16-1280.jpg

ss17-1280.jpg

06.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

screenshot69.jpg

This last screenshot is a bit different: the xp-bar now has a border.
14.jpg

2001.jpg

024.jpg

blizz-booth2.jpg

blizz-booth1.jpg

088.jpg

005.jpg

warcraft2.jpg

diablo-shirt1.jpg

bob-fitch.jpg

rob-demoing.jpg

knight-poster.jpg

rob-tim-demo.jpg

warcraft.jpg

warcraft3-shirt.jpg

Ok, and one that isn't actually from e3 2001, but from a press event somewhere around March 22 2001:

katalogfor2001new.jpg

screenshot126.jpg

screenshot124.jpg

screenshot123.jpg

screenshot122.jpg

screenshot120.jpg

screenshot119.jpg

screenshot118.jpg

screenshot115.jpg

2001-12.jpg

WarcraftIIIReignofChaosOnlineRegist.png

Warcraft_3_Beta_EULA_1_jpg.jpg

Warcraft_3_Beta_EULA_2_jpg.jpg

warcraft3beta.jpg

screen1041.jpg

warcraft-3betacd.jpg

2002.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

InBox1.jpg

InBox2.jpg

InBox3.jpg

Just a sticker
BjO6HfBWkKGrHqEOKiEEsmf8Mqv5BLSrHU6.jpg

meNLWFSq2Oj90sJpl7G8.jpg

BkqQSw2kKGrHqMH-CcEs9h0MVrbBLYdNLem.jpg

BkqTBWkKGrHqQH-EYEs-VNdRbBLYdZIeR3g.jpg

Attachments

• War3_1999.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 1,449
  • Warcraft 03-2000.pdf
    744 KB · Views: 723
  • Warcraft 11-1999.pdf
    913.7 KB · Views: 994
  • Wc3PcP0300.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Wow yeah - the 1999 looks better then the final warcraft 3 lol

-Wow what happened along the way to take it from what looked to be pretty epic to the mehness that it eventually ended up as (yeah its a really good RTS, but those original concepts look much better, I would have preferred the more minimalist UI that it showed in some of the earlier V's)

Level 6
I believe they changed the whole look because they wanted to use it for WoW. I heard that somewhere in one of their videos.

I believe they started working on WoW around the same time they started working on WC3. You notice how the building scale is realistic to the size of the units and how you can see the sky while in game? I think they decided to use these graphics for the base of WoW because it looked more RPG like, so that must be the reason they decided to change the look for WC3.

Yea, I preferred the older look. It would've made the game better, but in the end it was the better decision for Blizzard because it laid the foundation for WoW which has made them a ton of money.

I hope with WC4 we can see something like that again only with better graphics.

Level 6
UPDATE!
1 new photo for ects 1999
21 photos for e3 2000
------------
@JimBob
watch the first video in ects 2000.
this interview will answer the question why they changed the game.
----
The first WoW gameplay trailer is from 2001 i think, so i guess they started the development around e3 2000. or even ects 1999.

You know what looks really awesome? The pre-release Human Knights and Frost Wyrms...

Well they were models at one time - finished or not - so there probably is some way to get them if you pursue it enough (I doubt Blizzard would release them to the mappers unless spammed like crazy with requests - if there ever was a demo perhapes someone took the models from that and uploaded them somewhere)

Though I wonder why they would downgrade the terrain factor for the first Release (RoC) - some of those first pictures had better terrain (at least as height levels go) then most of what was in the RoC campaign - it seemed as if they purposely chose to turn it down a notch.

Level 7
Gotta love 1999!

Omg 1999 why didn't they use that for all warcraft versions.

Not only does the 1999 version somehow look good graphics (how does 1999 have good graphics when there where no hi-tech stuff?) Even the terrain/models/buildings and the face down in the bottom left hand corner looks epic.

Hopefully they will us the 1999 concept to make warcraft 4 (If there is a War4), all they need to add to 1999 concept is an inventory bar and it'd be awesome.

The 1999 concept gives the game a real warfare look with the way they have done the buildings and the terrain. In other words it makes it look more realistic.

Any ideas to why they didn't stick it out with the awesome 1999 concept of warcraft,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: Blizzard use the 1999 concept of Warcraft from now on, please!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A big problem if you notice was early release versions performed like an elephant on the average gaming PC of the date. Thus its downgrading in gaphics was because they exceeded the capabilities of systems at the time. There was no excuse for them to be totally removed however and should have been rereleased as a WC3 bonus disc.

Infact I am suprized blizzard did not think of that. If they recycled all the old beta models, added in WoW icons that were made for WC3 or from WC3 and throw in a few higher res textures and models for key units as well as some totally new models they would have had a third expansion for WC3. Even in 2006-2008 this would have been a totally viable expansion if it sold for only 10-15£ and the extra content it would have added could have restarted WC3. Trigger wise all that was needed was better unit interfaces and perhapes one or two JASS fixes. Even 800 MB of new content (50% more) would be worth 10-15£ even for an old dieing game and would be a bargine to develop as they need not add anything to the core game engine and just throw in extra content junk.

Level 35
A big problem if you notice was early release versions performed like an elephant on the average gaming PC of the date. Thus its downgrading in graphics was because they exceeded the capabilities of systems at the time. There was no excuse for them to be totally removed however and should have been re-released as a WC3 bonus disc.

In fact I am surprised blizzard did not think of that.

Yea - I would pay even to get just the models and the effect stuff from the old ones.. and that I would still do.

Oh it could have been awesome - not to mention the stuff one could make with those materials.

Level 6
Omg 1999 why didn't they use that for all warcraft versions.

[...]

Any ideas to why they didn't stick it out with the awesome 1999 concept of warcraft,
Lag_Reviews :p

Again, watch the interview from ECTS 2000, there Bill Roper explains the changes.

If you want to know what computers were like around that time, here are some high end pc parts that you could have around 2000:

1,4 ghz processor (Ultra high end)
(100 gb hdd (Ultra high end))
256 mb ram
32 mb graphics ram
----------
Listen what Bill Roper says at the beginning of the video:
----------
What Warcraft 3 needs:
400 mhz
128 mb ram
8mb graphics ram
--------------------

Last edited:
Level 2
A new update, I added the "Hybrid before E3 2002" and fixed some videos that were in wrong categories.
If you have any ideas for improving this thread, feel free to post them.

Good idea. Those "Hybrid" screenshots look interesting, especialy the terrain. Any ideas what kind of resource that blue crystal-like thing is?

Level 6
It's the Mana Stone resource.
The gamestar magazine wrote in May 2001:
Tausche Steine gegen Helden:
Auf den weitläufigen Kartenwerden Sie immer wieder auf neutrale Kreaturen wie Kobolde stoßen, denen Sie im Kampf begehrte Mana-Steine abluchsen. Nur mit diesen ist es möglich, über das vorgegebene Kontingent hinaus besonders starke Helden zu rekrutieren. Jeder der Haudegen beherrscht maximal vier Zaubersprüche. Neben drei allgemein zugänglichen Formeln wie Heilung oder Feuerball lernen die Recken ab Erfahrungslevel 6 auch mächtigere,
klassenspezifische Sprüche. Der Bergkönig der Allianz beschwört zum Beispiel aus dem Nichts eine Goldmine herbei. Für die magischen Kiesel erwerben Sie neben neuen Fertigkeiten auch Gegenstände, von denen vier im Rucksack der Helden Platz finden. Das können profane Heiltränke sein, aber auch Intelligenz-steigernde Kronen. Manche der Utensilien funktionieren nur zu bestimmten Tageszeiten. Die Kämpfer dürfen auch Ausrüstung austauschen, wenn sie nahe genug beieinander stehen.

Exchange Stones for Heroes:
On the large maps you'll often encounter neutral creatures like Kobolds, from wich you get Mana Stones in combat. That's the only way to recruit heroes beyond the given limit. Each of these guys can handle up to four spells. Besides the three common spells, like healing or a fireball, they learn mightier, class specific spells from level 6 on. For example the Mountain King of the Alliance can summon a goldmine. For the magical stones you can buy not only abilities, but also items, of wich four fit into the inventory of the hero. These can be simple potions, but also intelligence-increasing crowns. Some utilities only work during certain times of day. The fighters can also exchange their equipment if they stand next to each other.

If you find any spelling mistakes, you can keep them for your own^^

---------
Edit:

Those who read the text above will think "WTF the mountain king could summon a goldmine??". When you open the warcraft 3 beta mpq file and open Units/HumanAbilityStrings.txt with a text editor you will find that ability:

[AHcg]
Tip=Create |cfffed312G|rold Mine
Ubertip="Unearths a gold mine from the ground that contains 2000 gold."
Hotkey=G
Researchtip=Learn Create |cfffed312G|rold Mine
Researchubertip="Must be level 5 or higher to learn this ability. |nUnearths a gold mine from the ground that contains 2000 gold."
Researchhotkey=G
Globalmessage=
Globalsound=

Inside the HumanAbilityFunc.txt you can find these lines:

[AHcg]
Art=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNCreateGoldmine.tga
Researchart=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNCreateGoldmine.tga
Buttonpos=3,2
Researchbuttonpos=3,0
Casterart=
Targetart=
Effectart=
----------------------

Ill now post many tooltips for mana stones and other removed things, without naming the files, since it's much faster that way:

[ANgs]
Tip=E|cfffed312x|rchange %d Gold for %d Mana Stones
Hotkey=X

[ANsg]
Tip=Exchange %d Mana S|cfffed312t|rones for %d Gold
Hotkey=T

[nthg]
Name=Thieves Guild

[npix]
Name=Pixie

[AHas]
Researchtip="Learn S|cfffed312w|riftness Aura (w), Level %d"
Researchhotkey=W

[BHas]
Bufftip=Swiftness Aura

[hstt]
Name=Steam Tank
Hotkey=T
Tip=Train Steam |cfffed312T|rank
Ubertip="Heavily armored transport which Riflemen can fire from. |nCan attack buildings. |nRiflemen inside can attack land and air units."

[htws]
Name=Mage Tower
Hotkey=M
Tip=Build |cfffed312M|rage Tower
Ubertip="Spellcaster production building. Trains Priests and Sorceresses."

// Moon pool mana battery
[Ambt]
Tip=|cfffed312R|replenish Mana
Ubertip="Replenish the mana of friendly units."
Hotkey=R

(Wisp heal)
[Awhe]
Tip=Hea|cfffed312l|r
Ubertip="Heals nearby friendly wounded units."
Untip="Right-click to activate auto-casting."
Unubertip="Right-click to deactivate auto-casting."
Hotkey=L
Unhotkey=L

// Shadown Meld, Ashm, is a passive nighttime ability of all female night elves
[Ashm]

[Bbar]
Bufftip=Barkskin

[edcm]
Name=Druid of the Claw
Hotkey=C
Tip=Train Druid of the |cfffed312C|rlaw
Ubertip="Melee spellcaster. Can cast Barkskin, which is a damage shield. Can also go into Bear Form."

[ewsp]
Name=Wisp
Hotkey=W
Tip=Train |cfffed312W|risp
Ubertip="Basic worker unit. Can turn into treants which are the buildings of the Night Elves. Can Detonate to dispel magical buffs in an area. Can learn the Heal ability."

[emow]
Name=Moon Well
Hotkey=M
Tip=Create |cfffed312M|roon Well
Ubertip="Basic food source for the Night Elves. Has the Replenish Mana ability."

// Koto Beast Healing Drums aura
[Ahdr]
Tip=Activate H|cfffed312e|raling Drums
Ubertip="Activate the ability to heal nearby friendly units around the Kodo Beast. |nDrains 1 mana and heals 5 hit points per second."
Untip=Deactivate H|cfffed312e|raling Drums
Unubertip="Deactivate to stop draining mana and healing units."
Hotkey=E
Unhotkey=E

[Bhdr]
Bufftip=Healing Drum Aura

// Koto Beast Speed Drums aura
[Asdr]
Tip=Activate Spee|cfffed312d|r Drums
Ubertip="Activate Speed Drums to increase movement speed of friendly units around the Kodo Beast. |nDrains 1 mana per second."
Untip=Deactivate Spee|cfffed312d|r Drums
Unubertip="Deactivate to stop draining mana and return unit speed to normal."
Hotkey=D
Unhotkey=D

[Bsdr]
Bufftip=Speed Drums Aura

[AOar]
Researchtip="Learn |cfffed312R|regeneration Aura, Level %d"
Researchhotkey=R

[BOar]
Bufftip=Regeneration Aura

[AOcs]
Tip=|cfffed312C|rall Storm
Hotkey=C
Researchtip="Learn |cfffed312C|rall Storm, Level %d"
Researchhotkey=C

[Aebd]
Tip=Activate Earth |cfffed312B|rind
Untip=Deactivate Earth |cfffed312B|rind
Hotkey=B
Unhotkey=B

[Bebd]
Bufftip=Earth Bind

[AOlb]
Tip=|cfffed312L|rightning Bolt
Hotkey=L
Researchtip="Learn |cfffed312L|rightning Bolt, Level %d"
Researchhotkey=L

[AOre]
Tip=Reincarnation
Ubertip="When killed, the Tauren Chieftain will come back to life if he has enough mana."
Researchtip=Learn |cfffed312R|reincarnation
Researchubertip="Must be level 5 or higher to learn this ability. |nWhen killed, the Tauren Chieftain will come back to life if he has enough mana."
Researchhotkey=R
Globalmessage=
Globalsound=

// headhunter tracking, no tips/hotkeys required, is passive upgrade
[Anit]

[odoc]
Name=Troll Witch Doctor
Hotkey=W
Tip=Train Troll |cfffed312W|ritch Doctor
Ubertip="Supporting spellcaster. Can initially cast Sentry Ward, an invisible detector. Can also learn Stasis Trap and Ancestral Guardian."

[okod]
Name=Kodo Beast
Hotkey=K
Tip=Train |cfffed312K|rodo Beast
Ubertip="Lumbering war beast, mounted by an orcish drummer. Has the abilities, Healing Drums, Speed Drums and Devour."

[opeo]
Name=Peon
Hotkey=P
Tip=Train |cfffed312P|reon
Ubertip="Basic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, repair, and salvage unwanted buildings. |nCannot attack air units."

// Currently unused
[Roaa]
Name=Steel Artillery,Thorium Artillery,Arcanite Artillery
Tip=Upgrade to Steel |cfffed312A|rrtillery,Upgrade to Thorium |cfffed312A|rrtillery,Upgrade to Arcanite |cfffed312A|rrtillery
Ubertip="Increases the ranged attack damage of Catapults.","Further increases the ranged attack damage of Catapults.","Further increases the ranged attack damage of Catapults."
Hotkey=A,A,A

// Currently unused
[Roac]
Name=Stone Architecture,Arcanite Architecture
Tip=Upgrade to Stone |cfffed312B|ruilding Architecture,Upgrade to Arcanite |cfffed312B|ruilding Architecture
Hotkey=B,B

// Currently unused
[Romi]
Name=Improved Mining,Advanced Mining
Tip=|cfffed312I|rmproved Mining,Advanced M|cfffed312i|rning
Ubertip="HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!"
Hotkey=I,I

// Currently unused
[Rolh]
Name=Improved Lumber Harvesting,Advanced Lumber Harvesting
Tip=Improved |cfffed312L|rumber Harvesting,Advanced |cfffed312L|rumber Harvesting
Ubertip="HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!"
Hotkey=L,L

// Currently unused
[Ross]
Name=Town Watch,Town Patrol
Tip=|cfffed312T|rown Watch,|cfffed312T|rown Patrol
Hotkey=T,T

[Rowt]
Name=Wyvern Taming
Tip=Wyvern |cfffed312T|raming
Ubertip="Enables the ability to purchase Wyvern Riders."
Hotkey=T

[Ronv]
Name=Tracking
Tip=Research T|cfffed312r|racking
Ubertip="Increases the sight radius of a Headhunter by 40 at night."
Hotkey=R

[Acpe]
Tip=|cfffed312C|rorpse Explosion
Ubertip="Causes a target corpse to explode, causing area effect damage."
Hotkey=C

[Amto]
Tip=|cfffed312F|rling Corpse
Ubertip="Flings a corpse at a target enemy unit. Particularly effective against buildings."
Hotkey=F

// Frost Nova
[AUfn]
Tip=Frost |cfffed312N|rova
Ubertip="Blasts units around the Lich with a wave of frost."
Hotkey=N
Researchtip="Learn Frost |cfffed312N|rova, Level %d"
Researchubertip="Blasts units around the Lich with a wave of frost. |nLevel 1: 50 damage, 5 seconds of coldness. |nLevel 2: 75 damage, 10 seconds of coldness. |nLevel 3: 100 damage, 15 seconds of coldness."
Researchhotkey=N

[unec]
Name=Necromancer
Tip=Train |cfffed312N|recromancer
Ubertip="Offensive caster. Can initially cast Raise Dead from corpses. Can also learn Unholy Frenzy, and Corpse Explosion."
Hotkey=N

[umtw]
Name=Meat Wagon
Tip=Train |cfffed312M|reat Wagon
Ubertip="Corpse storage machine. Researching Fling Corpse allows it to effectively attack buildings. |nCannot attack air units."
Hotkey=M

[ugsp]
Name=Gargoyle Spire
Tip=Summon Gargoyle |cfffed312S|rpire
Ubertip="Enables the production of Gargoyles from the Crypt. Also contains the Stone Form upgrade."
Hotkey=S

[uslh]
Name=Slaughterhouse
Tip=Summon Slaughter|cfffed312h|rouse
Ubertip="Produces Abominations. Also contains the upgrades, Abomination Explosion and Fling Corpse."
Hotkey=H

[uspd]
Name=Spiderling

[ugrv]
Name=Graveyard
Tip=Summon Gra|cfffed312v|reyard
Ubertip="The new building that everyone seemed to want."
Hotkey=V

// Currently unused
[Ruab]
Name=Abomination Merger
Tip=Research |cfffed312A|rbomination Merger
Ubertip="Enables Ghouls to merge into Abominations. Select three Ghouls and activate the ability to create an Abomination."
Hotkey=A

[Rump]
Name=Fling Corpse
Tip=Research |cfffed312F|rling Corpse
Ubertip="Enables the Meat Wagon to fling corpses. Effective against buildings."
Hotkey=F

[Ruax]
Name=Abomination Explosion
Tip=Research Abomination |cfffed312E|rxplosion
Ubertip="Abominations with this upgrade deal damage to all nearby units when the Abomination dies."
Hotkey=E

[mdpb]
Name=Medusa Pebble
Hotkey=P
Tip=Purchase Medusa |cfffed312P|rebble
Ubertip="Turns the targeted enemy non-hero unit into stone when used. A unit turned to stone by the Medusa Pebble is removed from the game permanently."
Description=Turns target unit to stone.

[ktrm]
Name=Kel-Thuzad's Heart
Description=The heart of Kel-Thuzad.

[frmr]
Name=Frostmourne
Description=PLACEHOLDER

// upkeep tax brackets
UpkeepUsage=30,60,10000
UpkeepGoldTax=0,0.3,0.6
UpkeepLumberTax=0,0,0
UpkeepManaStonesTax=0,0,0

// max wisps that can be added to a single ancient
MaxWisps=5

// Currently unused
[Rhaa]
Name=Steel Artillery,Thorium Artillery,Arcanite Artillery
Tip=Upgrade to Steel |cfffed312A|rrtillery,Upgrade to Thorium |cfffed312A|rrtillery,Upgrade to Arcanite |cfffed312A|rrtillery
Ubertip="Increases the ranged attack damage of Mortar teams.","Further increases the ranged attack damage of Mortar teams.","Further increases the ranged attack damage of Mortar teams."
Hotkey=A,A,A

// Currently unused
[Rhmi]
Name=Improved Gold Mining,Advanced Gold Mining
Tip=|cfffed312I|rmproved Gold Mining,Advanced Gold M|cfffed312i|rning
Hotkey=I,I

// Currently unused
[Rhss]
Name=Town Watch,Town Patrol
Tip=|cfffed312T|rown Watch,|cfffed312T|rown Patrol
Hotkey=T,T

[Rhsr]
Name=Scattershot Rockets
Tip=|cfffed312S|rcattershot Rockets
Ubertip="Provides Mortar Teams with an area of effect anti-personnel attack."
Hotkey=S

Last edited:
Name=Steam Tank
Hotkey=T
Tip=Train Steam |cfffed312T|rank
Ubertip="Heavily armored transport which Riflemen can fire from. |nCan attack buildings. |nRiflemen inside can attack land and air units."

That would've been a cool feature to have in the game, would also make Steam Tanks useful for more then just destroying bases in the end of the game

Level 6
These are now all icons from the Beta that aren't used later. I know that the charm icon is available in wc3 and there was something with the gather shadows icon and the animal breeding icon and I'm a bit confused because of the question mark icon.
Iconomat.png

Last edited:
Level 6
These are now as much unused prerelease icons as i could cut out and fix as much a spossible. Some are hard to identify and if you can't see what a certain one or more than one are, just ask me and I'll tell you as much about it as I can. Especially those in the middle, that are somehow red and extremely blurred are not clear, but i can tell you that they are the units from the orc barracks.
manyprereleaseicons.png

For those who understand German, here are two articles from the German PcGames magzine from 11-1999 and 02-2000, that I scanned today.

pcg1199_1.jpg

pcg1199_2.jpg

pcg1199_3.jpg

pcg0200_1.jpg

pcg0200_2.jpg

pcg0200_3.jpg

pcg0200_4.jpg

pcg0200_5.jpg

pcg0200_6.jpg

pcg0200_7.jpg

One of the most interesting facts revealed in the 11/99 article is this one:
German:
Ein Rechtsklick auf den Helden ruft einen Symbolkranz auf, aus dem man wiederum einzelne Aktionen(Zaubern, Kämpfen, Gegenstände etc.) auswählen kann.
English:
A right-click on the Hero calls up an Icon Collar, from wich you can choose the different actions(Spell casting, Fighting, Items etc.).

I'm a bit sad, that there are no images of that Icon Collar, but fortunately it's quite easy to imagine, since we know similar systems from other games and software.

This solves the problem of the missing interface in the ECTS 1999 version.

Another fact that is very important is, that the development startet in early 1998.

Last edited:
Level 35
These are now all icons from the Beta that aren't used later. I know that the charm icon is available in wc3 and there was something with the gather shadows icon and the animal breeding icon and I'm a bit confused because of the question mark icon.

Those icons are awesome.. a shame only a few of them is in the hidden / extra stuff.. Or are they all in there?

Anyway my favorite is the pickax upgrade :D

Level 35
Not ALL of them though. And you can use them through screenshotting them and adding your own borders(such as DISBTN).

Yea, or just saving the picture - would keep the quality higher. But don't need them, mainly asked because it seemed like a mix of those icons I knew to be in the editor and those I didn't. :wink:

The icons I posted are not included in the retail mpq, so you have to extract them from the beta.

kk - Some of them is though.

Level 3
I like it to bad they used the version that looked cool but not epic cool oh well That dragon is of the hizzie!!!!! and probably gonna burn it

Level 13
The australian sticker is like the danish one :) I can sell u mine lol. Anyways, over half of theese pics have been removed. And noone have all that stuff O.O

Level 13
I was actually joking. I didn't know that you were that serious about it :O

Level 6
so i herd u liek warcraft

Seriously dude.. That's INSANE! I can't imagine how long it took you to collect all this stuff. You need to find all that shit on ebay or something and complete your 'little collection'. :p
...They used to collect stamps, stickers, pretty stones... But now they collect... Warcraft...?

Actually I collect Warcraft 3 and not Warcraft,
since it's to hard to find Warcraft 2 and 1 things and WoW is boring (to me) :D
More RoC than TFT, but why not, it's a nice hobby and there are people who love to see my collection. What you saw isn't my entire collection, since a big part of it is digital.
What you saw on the pictures of my collection, were:
-German magazines (PcGames, GameStar)
-A guide from Gamestar
-Greetings for the 10th anniversary of PcGames
-Some CDs with preview material where some of the youtube videos are from
-The Collector's Edition (Case, Art Book, DVD, Soundtrack, CD, Manual, 4 Prints and a black envelope for the prints, Product Catalog)
-A magnet maybe from 2001
-TFT (Bestsellers)
-ROC (Bestsellers)
-My sister's bed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.