[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Gamer's Hub > WarCraft Discussion

WarCraft Discussion Discuss topics related to Blizzard's Warcraft franchise, including Warcraft I, II and III. Ask questions about anything not covered in other forums.
Want to discuss topics related to World of Warcraft? Go to the World of Warcraft Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User shawster
User

shawster is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Top TD Maps EVER?

I read the RPG thread and I guess i'll make my own thread.

The tower defense. Probably my favorite kind of map in warcraft3. I was wondering your opinions about the top TD maps ever.

Feel free to submit your letter grades!

Poker TD - The grand daddy of Gem TD, not as much towers/etc, but still one of it's kind. Not as high ranked as element or gem TD because it isn't as complicated and doesn't have as much replay value as maybe those have.
A

Wintermaul - Probably changed the TD itself. Not ranked as high as maybe element or Gem TD because it didn't have any very special features.
A

Element TD - One of the most well made TDs there are. Would have been an A++ if maybe it would have been a maze TD. before you burn me on this statement, i have to say that i think maze tower defenses are almost always better than ones without mazes. it creates a whole new dimension. however, the game might not have fit as well it was maze. but to be honest, you don't need to listen to my statement. Just play the game! =p.
A+

Gem TD - Although the terrain is somewhat took from cube defense, it is still a one of it's kind td. Could have gave it An A++ if it thought of a new terrain that would fit gem td as well as the Cube defense one, and would be different.
A+

I probably missed some, but these are the ones that I have played.

The next ones aren't "the best td ever" but still very good TDs IMO.

Artifact TD - Very fun, good system with the save and load, but the terrain is a bit stolen.Also, it does get old when you get 1000 + points and have the best maze you possibly can get.
B

Shopping Maul - Great td with the points system, well made, however it has a maul system, and nothing really new. and although a different maul, it is still a maul.
Update : after playing Shopping Maul again, I gained some respect for it. The xp system is better then the first time i played it, and it is incredibly well thought. It seemed like a very good TD before, now it is an awesome TD.
B+

Switch TD - If anyone has played this before, they know that it is a well made td, that had a unique system, and is very fun. However, I didn't change TDs like the top tiers have. And even though the combination lane system was very well thought through, I think it maybe could have been employed into the map a tiny bit better.
B

eeve TD - The creator put alot of effort into it, it looks very good. However, the lack of tower selection and the fact that it is a very very new td somewhat hinders its rankings.
Update: Moved eeve TD up rankings a bit, after some thought. Yes it is new and there are like 5 towers per element, but I think the system more than makes up for it.
B

*Power Towers - I put this on the list solely because it had a new, unique system that was addictive. however, the terrain is basically 100% plagiarized.
Update: Played it some more. I was more impressed with the system after I played it. However, the game can get incredibly boring after 30, if you have a good maze, that is.
B-

*Rune TD - This shouldn't even be on the list because of it's horrible creep balance, and it the whole life system isn't thought through. However, i just want to note the excellent rune system. It could have been so much better if the creator put some effort into the creep balance. what a shame.
Update :
I just played the new version, and I have to say I am more impressed with the creep balance. However, the thing still is that until level 9ish, you can't die, period. Also, at level 20ish the game almost always fatals.
B-/B
Very borderline between B- and B.

That is my list, i bet i missed some obvious ones, but these are the ones on my mind atm. What is your list?

Notes : I didn't put zoator TD on the list because i never really played it. It looks really well made, but i've never played it.No tower wars, just Tower Defense. Green td and Mafarazo TD are not quality TDs, you just spam siege towers, then spam aura, then spam air.

Sept 12th, 08.

Revamped the system, added a letter grade then I changed some opinions about the TD.

Maybe I'll add cube defense later, but i only played it briefly once so far, i can't really rate it yet.

and once again, feel free to submit your OWN letter grades!

Last edited by shawster; 09-13-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Andriejj
User

Andriejj has little to show at this moment (21)Andriejj has little to show at this moment (21)Andriejj has little to show at this moment (21)
Eeve! TD
Old 08-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Aeroblyctos
Mighty Map Maker

Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)
Melee Tournament #1 - Winner:  
Aero TD of course!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Oziris
Everwood ORPG

Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)Oziris is a glorious beacon of light (565)
Tkok.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User The_wand_mirror
Iconoclast

The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)The_wand_mirror is just really nice (296)
Maffarazzo TD had also a few weeks of fame around b.net... Although it wasn't one of the tops.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User LordDz
Custom User Title

LordDz is just really nice (284)LordDz is just really nice (284)LordDz is just really nice (284)LordDz is just really nice (284)LordDz is just really nice (284)
GEM TD.

Then there was something named Island TD I think, it was great fun as (with the hardest race ofc).

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User HappyTauren
MUHAMMAD MAN

HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Ever played Circle Defense? Jeez...
Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User shawster
User

I played island TD before, it was so freaking hard rofl, i couldn't even beat like 10 levels.

btw i've never played circle defense before, is it good?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User HappyTauren
MUHAMMAD MAN

HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)HappyTauren has a brilliant future (1745)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Yes, it was made by Darky29. look out for it, it is fun.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Squiggy
Kyou is mine

Community Moderator

Squiggy has much of which to be proud (1075)Squiggy has much of which to be proud (1075)Squiggy has much of which to be proud (1075)Squiggy has much of which to be proud (1075)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. 
Cirle TD is fun..
Anyways, i list:

*evee td (new system)
*shopping maul (best maul ever [ v4.43 - rest is crap :> ])
*warcraftmaul (sheer mass of towers)
*ele td
Old 08-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User shawster
User

I can't find the circle TD. I checked on epicwar and hiveworkshop but all I see is team circle td, and green circle TD o_o.

nvm i found it.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Aeroblyctos
Mighty Map Maker

Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)Aeroblyctos has much of which to be proud (963)
Melee Tournament #1 - Winner:  
I think Cube TD was great in ROC.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Just_Spectating
Hallow Evary Bady!

Just_Spectating is a name known to all (749)Just_Spectating is a name known to all (749)Just_Spectating is a name known to all (749)Just_Spectating is a name known to all (749)Just_Spectating is a name known to all (749)
GemCraft from Armorgames.com XD
eenii meenii itty bitty teenii weenii tiny microscopic minis
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User shawster
User

gemcraft is so freaking addictive ROFL.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User ~Void~
User

~Void~ has disabled reputation
Terraining Contest #5 - Winner: Winter Wonderland Contest 
clicky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oziris View Post
Tkok.

I like Element TD the best but I don't play TD maps a lot.