• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, you play my map wrong xD
Primitives need many burrow to give income, workers and wood ( it's a wood deposit). They must expand every-where, i know their buildings are weak and expensive, but with your strong economy it's not a problem.

At start you build 2 burrows and bring all diggers to the wood/Rocks, continue to build burrows along trees in your base. If your wood/Gold rise to high, begin only at this moment to train a defense army.

The first Noob error is to build a barrack and some units at first, after he don't have enough economy to grow fast. Also a player who develop his economy can easy counter a rush of a "Noob"

That's for next plays on my map, if you develop your economy you can be very brutal at Macro-Management.

Level 10
Ok, nice info, but still a bit 'boring' or at least not that intense.

One reason for this is the way economy works, this on the other hand is ok, it's how the map works. Still you might think of giving the different races different ways to increase income.

Also some side objectives, like temples you can capture to buff your army or that give income/resources might make the map more interesting, as it encourages players to do something from the start instead of only sitting in base and build up economy.

Level 13
I did not get what you meant with burrows, because the building which uses the orc burrow model was just a barricade.
But now I get it. The chimera roosts are these burrows. xD
I did not see that it increases the income. Maybe you should highlight it in red. The yellow color is a little bit too neutral.

Level 2
Hi! I'm not really sure what to say! I haven't been playing wc3 recently for the past few years and when I decided to try playing it again, I was sad to find the custom games section pretty dead. So I guess I am looking for a place to play some cool custom games!

Where do you guys meet and at what time usually?

I also have my own map to contribute to this too!
Tower Wars

It would be pretty cool to play this map again!

It can be played as FFA or Teams. Despite the title, the game is not a TD.
You try to build various towers to kill your opponents builder. Its very micro intensive! You get gold over time, but most of your gold comes from killing enemy towers so that it encourages an offensive playstyle.

The game is very fun if you enjoy games that demand quick fingers!

Level 10
no as far as I heard garena does not work (I myself never used garena). The last times I was there we used a host bot on normal B.net.

Level 19
Garena still works but you cant play from some countries anymore, so you will have to use some kind of workaround if you dont have a LAN button (E:You cant join the funmap evening from garena, if thats what youre asking). Personally, I never had a problem with it :)

Level 21
Happy to join as well.

What is the current mappool like?

edit: might bring a friend or two.

Last edited:
Level 13
Crystal Wars
by Waterknight
144287-albums4222-picture97026.png

Map | Video

Crystal Lords
by Gorgonage feat. bhusta
144287-albums4222-picture97025.png

Map | Video

Betaball v.1.19
by Dayne
144287-albums4222-picture97024.png

Map | Video

Random Walk TD 0.25
by rulerofiron99
144287-albums4222-picture97023.png

Map | Video

Revolution 0.1 Alpha
by Paillan
144287-albums4222-picture97022.png

Map | Video

Unfortunately, Cold Heart by Quillnez wasn't playable.

Level 18
Hey everyone. Just a friendly reminder that my hosted project Against the Darkness has just been updated. I know you have plenty of mods to play through but I'd appreciate if you at least throw AtD into your rotation. If anyone wants to play a relatively short, fun hunter vs hunted style map then you'll have one ready to go. Thanks!

Level 18
Level 26
We had a solid evening lasting to around 2am. The bot we used was not mine, respectively my usual "bot" is just me hosting with tools on my PC, not from a permanent server.

You may ask Frotty in #inwc.de-maps-FA if you can use his oxbot (but he is not around all the time). Else I can suggest you makemehost or ENT hostin services. On makemehost you can request a mapmaking account to be able to upload your own maps, on ENT you can just register yourself and then can do it in your account settings.

Level 20
Nice that you made youtube videos of all maps :)
I was surprised that you understood the Tower Wars map so well on the first go, and that without viewing the tutorial.
You did many things right (e.g. sending Jail creeps all the time), and few things wrong (which killed you in the end, sadly :D mostly, because you were too lazy to read :p ).
I guess, our fellow players had more trouble on that :)

Too bad that I had to leave early that evening. I'll have more time on the next occasion hopefully.

Last edited:
Level 24
Uhmm... no you misunderstood... but I see I have written it a bit weird as well :D

I meant:

When I read "Nice that you made youtube videos of all maps :)", I thought about how the whole comment would be like and I came up with this:

"Nice that you made youtube videos of all maps :)
Now I am able to clearly see what I am missing each time -_-"

But then I read further and saw that you didnt wrote anything like that :D

Level 13
@Wietlol, at that time you asked if something is happening, you just could have joined the funmap evening chat. It still was going good.

@Eikonium, I just pressed random buttons of buildings I owned :D
I had a some instructions from the skype conference but I didn't really know if I loose or win the whole game.

Last edited:
Level 24
But... I havent seen a link to the chatroom.
Ussually just before the funmap evening starts, waterknight posts the link to the chat room but I didn't see one.
So I went to regular chat and asked but noone was answering.
Edo494, which also used to be in the event, was there too and he didn't knew either.

Level 20
I just pressed random buttons of buildings I owned :D
I had a some instructions from the skype conference but I didn't really know if I loose or win the whole game.
That explains some of your weirder actions, like that you researched all Alchemist upgrades without ever training an alchemist, or that you primarily upgraded your Explosive Tower, which does nothing after reaching 5 kills each round :cgrin: :cgrin: :cgrin:

However, you did very well concerning other important aspects, and I can't yet believe that you didn't do anything on purpose :cgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.