• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I think it's wrong that the corrupted blood elves now own Silvermoon, while the high elves, who didn't give in to the magic addiction, now live almost like outcasts in Dalaran. :thumbs_down:
I know they're the same people, but there's a big difference between them.

Level 11
Well, Blood Elves never leaved Quel'Thalas (forget about Kael elves), such as High Elves, however, even if he were far away, they're still loyal to Kael, who sends the 'ability' to drain fel magic to survive. When the name Blood Elves was just an homage to the fallen elves, Vereesa and the others were also considered Blood Elves (that would make more sense to me, honestly), but when they began to consume fel magic, some of them refused and leaved Quel'Thalas (they're actually forced to...), and renaming themselves back to High Elves. So the High Elves found their home in Dalaran and some minor lodges all over Eastern Kingdoms, leaving Quel'Thalas fully for the Blood Elves, who later fought against the Scourge to retake Silvermoon.
So yes, I think it's fair that the Blood Elves, who fought and died to retake the fallen city, stay in Silvermoon. The High Elves were just ... "quiet".

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Maybe they were, as you say, "quiet", but they were the founders of that kingdom. It's just unfair. I know that blood elves were the ones that freed Silvermoon, but that doesn't make them more deserving than regular high elves.

Level 11
They were the founders of that kingdom? They're the same race, the main actions after the third war has separated them, before that, they were the same thing. Quel'Thalas is such High Elves home as Blood Elves, but Blood Elves deserve it better in my opinion.
Also, even if the High Elves had Silvermoon, It would fall again, because the Forsaken is just there in Lordaeron, they would crush the High Elves, not saying they're weak, but they are very few. Maybe it would stand due Sylvanas and Vereesa past, but someone else would try to destroy it.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

What I meant to say it that they both equally deserve it. And I'm not saying they should kick out the blood elves from the city, they should live there together.

Because ogres aren't a playable race yet, they had to turnover the BEs to the Horde.

Just leave the topic. This is totally off topic from you man!

Surely they do, but since the Blood Elves are Horde beings and the High Elves are Alliance beings, that won't happen. :'(
Why not? They are the same race, just a bit mingled by magic but NOT THAT different to be called races.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Why not? They are the same race, just a bit mingled by magic but NOT THAT different to be called races.

Right. That's why it's not ok that only blood elves get to live in Silvermoon that equally belongs to them both.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It was Jaina's call. Since she became the leader of the Kirin Tor, they had to do it.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

High elves are with the Kirin Tor, therefore neutral, not officially with the Alliance. Since the Horde attacked them, what other choice did they have?

Level 5
Indeed the alliance took it first.But Garosh....Omg i get sick only by saying his f&& name...he wants the world mate just like Tony Montana!!!He has no limits.Bad that Thrall *Go'el* left the Warchief position.He had 4 choises to make for Warchief.
a)Cairne Bloodhoof

the most wise horde member but kinda the oldest and that's the reason why thrall didn't chose him

b)Vaurok Saurfang

The Overlord of the Horde.Great warrior and general but old also

c)Eitigg

Veteran of the human-orcish wars and also advisor of Thrall (yep you guessed right HE IS OLD!!!)

d)Garosh Hellscream

DING DING DING the winner!!!!!

What, but Alliance was the one who took it first so Horde had nothing to do with stealing. They should wanted the bell back which rightfully belonged to them. Horde atleast used the Mogu to get to know where bell is the fair way while Alliance was eardropping Horde or something which is cheating.
Sure.... :p

I'll just alter a quote: You've got it all wrong Zaramorus, the Horde was at fault too :)

High elves are with the Kirin Tor, therefore neutral, not officially with the Alliance. Since the Horde attacked them, what other choice did they have?
Nope, since the Silver Covenant is a part of Dalaran (Alliance after the Purge of Dalaran), therefore it is a part of the Alliance.

Level 20
Anyone else finds Kirin Tor neutrality ironic considering they were founding members of Alliance and kinda biggest supporters of it as they tried to keep it together after second war.

But anyway wasn't the topic about why didn't High Elves retook Quel'Thalas from scourge and instead of Blood Elves who aligned themselves with their former enemy Horde. Guess High Elves are doomed like everyone else alive in northern eastern kingdoms.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Kirin Tor's neutrality can be very flexible sometime xD
I think that the Blood Elves lost their integrity in Vereesa's eyes when they sided with their former enemies, those who killed many of her people. IMO Silvermoon belongs to those who stood at it's gates to defend it to the last breath (even if many of them were today's blood elves) and still honor the sacrifice that all allies nations made. Clearly, the Blood Elves don't belong in that bunch :)

Level 5
HOOOOOO there ladie!!!Alleria isn't dead!!!Nonono she and Turalyon had crossed one of the portals Ner'zul opened and were lost in the Twisted Nether.Danath Trollbane swore to find them and he still looks for them somewhere.Vereesa BELIEVES she is dead.SHE ISN'T!!

dude you edit this very fast....when you posted and when you removed the alleria section ??? :p

Level 11
she and Turalyon had crossed one of the portals Ner'zul opened and were lost in the Twisted Nether.

So... she's dead then...

Anyway, Quel'Thalas belongs to the Blood Elves, remember, the majoraty of High Elves who survived the Third War became Blood Elves, is not right to say that the Blood Elves don't deserve the place. They are it's onwers, they also founded Silvermoon, they were just with another name. :/

Level 9
HOOOOOO there ladie!!!Alleria isn't dead!!!Nonono she and Turalyon had crossed one of the portals Ner'zul opened and were lost in the Twisted Nether.Danath Trollbane swore to find them and he still looks for them somewhere.Vereesa BELIEVES she is dead.SHE ISN'T!!

dude you edit this very fast....when you posted and when you removed the alleria section ??? :p
If they were lost in the Twisting Nether they have most likely been smashed by Kil'jaeden or Sargeras.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Anyway, Quel'Thalas belongs to the Blood Elves, remember, the majoraty of High Elves who survived the Third War became Blood Elves, is not right to say that the Blood Elves don't deserve the place. They are it's onwers, they also founded Silvermoon, they were just with another name. :/

For the reasons I stated in my previous post, it's not all about the name...

Let's not get ahead with presumptions of unsafe and perils.

Clearly, the Blood Elves don't belong in that bunch :)
*points at Garithos*

So... she's dead then...
They are both listed as missing in action.

the majoraty of High Elves who survived the Third War became Blood Elves
90% more exactly. the rest of 10% remained Quel'dorei, thus being with the Alliance. Most of that population resides in Stormwind and Dalaran respectively. The High Elves current capital is Dalaran. Which brings me to point out that most Dalaran HE are members (maybe just the Elite and military) part of the Silver Covenant which now are with the Alliance :)

Anyone else finds Kirin Tor neutrality ironic considering they were founding members of Alliance and kinda biggest supporters of it as they tried to keep it together after second war.
Indeed, but they're know to 'oscillate' from side to side at times to achieve a better 'higher ground'.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Those 10% you mentioned are the ones who honored their bloodline and their ancestors' sacrifice by not joining their enemies. That makes them a bit more worthy than Sin'dorei, when it comes to Silvermoon.

Level 5
It isn't like joining the enemy or honor the blood line.If you take it that way then the High Elfs who joined the alliance are the traitors to the blood line cause the Night Elfs banished them from kalimdor years ago and there is a hostility against them.Well it's obvius that the hostility against the orcs is bigger and more important but i just pointed a view

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

From what I've heard, Malfurion allowed them to return.

Level 5
Yeap he did.As for Turalyon and Alleria Heinvers is right.There is a momument for each of them in the Valey of Heroes at WoW which says in honor of them.Truth is that they all think they are dead but they are indeed listed as M.I.A .Danath Trollbane has sworn to find them and bring them back.He still looks for them somewhere in the Twisted Nether-Void-Dreanor-Azeroth wherever

Level 20
Well considering it is WoW era they are 100% alive and with chance of becoming evil.

By the way can someone explain me what is the deal with high/blood elven population. After the Third War it was said that 90% of elves were killed. So out of those 10% we got 90% blood elves and 10% high elves. The blood elves themselves are/were separated in azerothian and outland blood elves with outland being separated between Illidari and Shattrath. Oh and nitpick about blood elves in neutral organizations etc... Anyone else noticing how fragmented blood elves are yet they managed to retake Silvermoon from Scourge. Honestly that is why I don't like blood elves since WoW period, they hardly make sense anymore (also they ride chickens...).

Well considering it is WoW era they are 100% alive and with chance of becoming evil.
Remains to be seen.

After the Third War it was said that 90% of elves were killed. So out of those 10% we got 90% blood elves and 10% high elves. The blood elves themselves are/were separated in azerothian and outland blood elves with outland being separated between Illidari and Shattrath. Oh and nitpick about blood elves in neutral organizations etc... Anyone else noticing how fragmented blood elves are yet they managed to retake Silvermoon from Scourge.
Well, they were in the hundreds of thousand even a million Quel'dorei before the Scourge invasion. Once again Blizz decides to make fillers to justify the BE's existence and their further fragmentation. They said in Outland they've learned unparalleled fel magic that decimated the Scourge and retook Silvermoon using that very magic -_-"
...with a bit of help from Sylvanas of course. They had to include an ally there :p

Well what can you expect, Blizzard :p

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, using actual logic, Silvermoon should be populated roughly the same as Vatican lol.
But, according to Blizzard, if you're using logic, you're not trying hard enough xD

Level 20
Remains to be seen.

Perhaps but you have to admit that people don't really die anymore, not even wow dungeons/raids can kill them. If person isn't brought back to life than it is timetravel event while the truly dead are minority.

And if we used logic Blood Elves would remain in Outland, at best there would be Blood Elven and Forsaken alliance but neither would be in the Horde as Horde wouldn't have excuse to care about Eastern Kingdoms since point of settling in Kalimdor was to get away. Oh and Kael wouldn't go insane and join burning legion. And I am sure naga would be more involved with Blood elves. Honestly one of biggest problem with WoW series is that everything is divided between Horde and Alliance while rest are neutral till they chose a side (goblins, Dalaran etc) or exist to die. That is why I don't consider Warcraft and WoW series same but rather like Red Alert and Tiberium series.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

They are adjusting the story to fit the Alliance/Horde conflict, so story often suffers in the process. They should have been more just to the High Elves story. At least Warcraft III is good reminder that they did something good in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.