• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite WarCraft III story character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
- If game statistics are any indication, mind control works only on the weaker minds. Garithos himself was already a racist and mostly a brute. So it was easier to control his mind and make him take certain decisions which wouldn't look strange.

- Kael had to defend Dalaran from a huge army. Knowing this, Garithos simply choose to take all the non-blood elven army units to the front, without stating exactly why. An elusive decision indeed.

- The Burning Ligeon took a part of the Undead army with them to Kalimdor. Wether it was a huge chunk or just a small one, we cannot know. Though assuming that Archimonde himself was the leader of the army, and that their joint army of Demons and Undead wrecked havoc all the way to the World Tree through 3 races, even if it was just the survivors of Lordaeron, a really big part of the Horde was there, and most of the Night Elves we can assume, that leads to the conclusion, that the Ligeon took a big chunk of the Undead army with them.

- The Undead Scourge army being weakened in numbers, and facing an army formed of Dwarves from Aerie Peak and Khaz Modan, Blood Elves and Humans from Stormwind, they couldn't just roflstomp the mortals. Thus I believe, that the 3 Dreadlords decided to play it safe, and just defeat their enemies methodically, step by step. Their goal was to recapture Dalaran, so they mind control Garithos into leaving just the Blood Elves to defend the City while Garithos took all his men to the front lines.

I will only reply to the above quoted arguments.

-Alright about the first one, he was one of King Teranus's royal knight and a Grand Marshal,so no he was not a dumb brute (the sercret TD mission is too stupid so we wont count it).

- The front is always more important and thats where THE REAL battle is.Garithos needed reinforcments to take on the bigger army, while Kael was left to defend against a small scout army hoping to get into dalaran unnoticed, Garithos knew that Kael could handle it,and if he lost the front line, Kael was gonna lose too.

-The survivors of Lordaeron werent really that many,the orcs were even less though they had Taurens and you know the Night Elves were bearly woken up. Archimonde did not belive that the 3 rag-tag armies would unite (face it they are waay to difrent) so he couldnt have took too much troops,esp if there were still humans in lordaeron leading an oppen opposition.

-The undead weakened? What? 1 dead enemy soldier means 1 new recruit. Also what Dwarven army?There is no such information.I belive you are refering to that forsaken mission,but it is only a dwarven company, and they were 5 riflemen 2 motars and a seige tank or something. Also the Blood Elves were greatly weakened from the loss of mana just like heroin addicts so unlike the high elves they couldnt be trusted.And about the mind control,no just no.What you're saying doesent make sence and I explained it but i will again.Why just him and not the whole army?Why not control the mana hungry elves who would join some rouge demon for it?Why not the constantly drunk dwarven mercenaries?If he was still mind controlled why would he continue to fight the undead?Wouldnt he just hand it over?What you're saying is stupid.Accept the theory that he got mind controlled AFTER the elven treachery.

Level 9
For the last time... Naga were never part of the burning legion... please understand this.

Second, Garithos was a racist and a bastard, that's obvious since AS MANY OTHERS TRIED TO EXPLAIN he never even considered talking to Kael, leader to leader (thinking that they were both, now, leaders of their races), he just imprisoned him simply... for allying with the naga, which Garithos didn't even know!
Let's face it... the Naga never emerged to act with or against the humans before, so they couldn't know who the Naga were until that moment. He just saw them un-human-like and decided they're enemies, just like that, just like a racist.

And as a third thing, The Blood elves were the High elves! They renamed themselves after the corruption of the Sun Well because they lost their power source.

Oh and... the front isn't always "where the real battle is"... That's just a stupid thing to say. And another mention, you don't know what the punishment for treason was on their times of war. You only assume it was death based on reality, but keep in mind this is another world, from a game... where rules are different, all rules.

As for the entire "mind control dilemma" well i suppose we will never know when exactly Garithos began being controlled (because it's never mentioned!). But we can be certain that the elves couldn't ever have been mind controlled. Let's keep in mind that they once were part of the mighty Quel'Dorei (the Night elves), which makes them a race with a high magical heritage. This makes them more resilient to magic, not to mention the fact that they studied arcane so much they became masters in it, yes, with the price of dependency, but still, it made them rather resistant to enemy magics.

Level 18
Technicly since Illidan is Kil'Jaden's bitch they are.

There wasnt time for war,the undead are all over. And ofcourse he knew the naga because before they were in Dalaran and one of the knights says NAGA! So he knows how that force is called.

Some remained High Elves because they found normal ways to get their drug.

It was pritty well stated that the real fight was happening south while kael's only missions were to repair observetories and fight scout armies.

Oh please,how difrent can it be?

Its clearly after the events because there are no elves in the mind controlled armies.The dreadlords would not care if they are traitors or not.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Because the Naga were with the burning legion!So what if they fought the undead that doesent make them friends. He gave Kael a seccond chance but Kael failed, in war times treason is punished with death. He wasnt a real racist untill Kael betrayed him.

This statement can't be more wrong.

1.) Nagas were never with the Burning Legion, they even fight them on Draenor (Outland). So please mate, nagas and Burning Legion are enemies.

2.Second chance? Wh-? What?! Only by the intonation of Garithos and the way he treats Kael you can feel the racism he has towards the blood elves. He even says it!

3.Kael "betrayed" him? Lol. If I kick your ass one or two times per day, tell you that you are pathetic and puny and one day you decide to go against me, is that betrayal? It's more like rebelion towards a bad and evil master (Garithos in our case).

Spend some time in warcraft / wow wiki. It will do you good. :)

Level 9
He never "removed" the high-elves, nor any other race for that matter, he simply brought them in a really "bad" state, so to speak. He didn't "remove" his people either, because some of them escaped with Jaina to Kalimdor.

Vunjo

Level 14
Well wc3.player is right. To remove an entire race means to slaughter every single leaving being of that race. Arthas didn't do such thing, he just killed lots of High Elves in a certain region.

Level 34
Vunjo, well wc3.player is not right.
,,Arthas didn't do such thing, he just killed lots of High Elves in a certain region. "
He killed about 90% of entire race. It is not lof of elven killed, or like wc3.player said ,,put him in bad status". Its almost extermination.
You can find it all down there under that link.
http://www.wowwiki.com/High_Elf
According to that link, Undeads did genocide to High Elves after destroying Sunwell and reviving Lich.
Well, according to game, that was going to happen. Arthas told ,,Your entire race is going to be cleaned, you had opportunity to surrender, but you did not" - he said something like that, I cant remember exactly now.
So yes, like wc3.player said, some of them escaped with Jaina and some of them just survived, but overall their sunwell and homeland were destroyed, 90% of them were killed by genocide, they were running away and hiding. So, Arthas doesn't need to go in entire earth following them and hunting them to the last running elf to consider them ,,cleaned threaT" as they could not do anything to him there.
Also, Keal (Blood Mage) was uniting those surviving elves and was moving them. They renamed themselves to blood elves in remembrance of those fallen high elves. So they do not consider themselves as High Elves, but as new race, Blood elves.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf
And my point still stands that Arthas was responsible for cleaning High elves

Level 34
Vunjo, wc3.player of course people, we all have points here.
And of course that we are not arguing, this is constructive or friendly arguing, where we learn one from each other. WC3 lore is complicated to follow, and like w3.player said, some things can be seen from many perspectives, everybody can be right from one point, and nobody from another, so friendly debates are always welcome. We may learn from that lot.

Level 34
w3.player, true that too, but it depends of that object how long is it and whats its story.
Blizzard is famous that in Wc3 made some events, and later in WOW and its expansion use them with edited/altered/added storyline, which mostly is sequence to WC3 storyline, or even messes with it in some cases, make confusion. So some things needs longer debate.
And yes, we need to move to another point to continue discussion, but not all people are ,,contributing", nobody gives new subjects for discussion related to this thread.

Vunjo

Level 14
If we don't agree on some point, that doesn't mean that we have to change topic. We just have to give valid arguments until "one side wins".

On the other hand, which is more likely, if you find this topic boring, then yes, we could change the topic :D

Level 16
  • I liked Arthas because he was a paladin, and hated the lich king because he threatened the whole humanity.
  • When Arthas turned Undead, I felt pity for him. oh so poor.
  • I liked Illidian because he was going to extirminate the scourge from our world, forever!! But Alas, the **** Maieve interfered :p
  • I liked keal because he and his people were victims of the scourge.
  • when I read further about the Lich King, I realized that what I thought of was the opposite of reality. he was poor one too, yet he was more honest and honorable than Arthas. He tried to save his people from the Undead, but Gul'dan betrayed him. However, he succeded in preventing Frost Wolf clan from drinking Manoroths Blood. On the other hand, Illidan was serving the burning legion, and this resulted in corrupting him and keal(poor keal turned to Undead too, sacrificing himself in an attempt to summon Kil'Jaden, to feed his hunger! following Illidans Advice, so poor too)( well, some may be in WOW, but I got it from custom camoaign on hive, and about Ner'Zuls history, from Wowpedia I guess)

Level 34
well, at least I did not talk about custom campaigns, I talked about real campaigns, and consulted myself with wow wiki site and blizzard one's original.
For example, if I did not see those sites I would not know that Undeads under Arthas killed about 90% of High Elf race and did not know that banshees are actually ghosts of killed Nigh Elf/Night Elf women.

Vunjo

Level 14
^ Sylvanas was the elf once, and she clearly said it with all the banshees that they are haunted, and that she's still "suffering" from it. From campaign :D

trolman was pointing at map designer, not at your post :)

Level 28
Brox is a pure hard worker, his knowledge, and his experience on the battle field is only match by few, not even Grom can match him. even though Rhonin is a human, he still trust his life to him, he might be old but he is one of the best character on warcraft if not the best.

Important: Broxigar is the reason why Azeroth is still complete. If he did not sacrifice himself, Sargeras might have enter the Azeroth.

Rhonin, also one of the wise and knowledgeable character of warcraft, with his cunning spells and instinct he help the Defenders hold their ground against the Burning Legion. Even though he wanted to just stay with his family, he still decided to go with Krasus to journey their way to find Nozdormu but instead it led them to the past and witness the invasion of the Burning Legion.

Sorry if my english is bad, its not my languange. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.