• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the best Race and Class for a new player in The World of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im trying out the free 10 day trial, and if i like it i'll probably get it. My friends play, so they'll help me out with gear/leveling, and when im strong enough i'll probably join with them.

I just want to know which class/race is good to start with, one thats not too complicated to play, but still alot of fun.

Enlarge Maxx

Level 24
That depends on what you like
Class:
Do you like to fight enermys with a sword or axe and see your enermys bleed: warrior
Do you like to assasain people: rouge
Do you like to use magic: mage
Do you like to experiment with demonic powers: warlock
Do you like to use the way of the elements and follow in thw warchiefs fotsteps: Shaman
Do you like to use the nature and transform into diffrent creatures: Druid
Do you like to use a pet and hunt your prays down with a bow: hunter
Do you want to fight with the light and cleanse the world from evil powers: Paladin
Do you want to use the holly powers to heal and help outhers: Priest
Do you like to use the power of the dead and becomme a powerful warrior: Death Knight

Race:
Do you fight for strenght and honor: Orc
Do you fight with the spirits on your side to bring justice to the world: Troll
Do you fight for the nature and the safety of the earth: Tauren
Do you fight for vengense and for your own survival: Forsaken/undead
Do you fight for your land and the lust for magic: Blood Elf
Do you fight to becomme richer and trick people on money: Goblin
Do you fight to protect your land and serve your king: Human
Do you fight with a gun in your hand to protect your homelands: Dwarf
Do you fight to gain information from your enermy to get bluprints of machines and cool stuffs: Gnome
Do you fight to end all war and bring piece to Azeroth and protect the green dragons: Night Elf
Do you fight to protect your elders and the naruu: Dreanai
Do you fight like for your homelands and your king but love the sound of war: Worgen

Blizzard have balanced all classes so there shall be no class who is beter then the outher.

Level 8
I think you should just not even bother with WoW in the state it is, it is an instant gratification game now, hitting cap level will take a ~month. Should look at other games or just drop the MMO world at the moment until something actually good comes out.

Also, wrong forum.

Level 24
Hey WoW is really fun i got a level one twink guild and my lvl 1 twink got the explorer title!

Level 6
Good tip Yabooer -.-...

"Ooh, WoW the best becuz it took time and effort to get epics"

*cough* anyways,

depends on what you like, really. This is the wrong forum for this, by the way.

Level 6
The most retarded class with most retarded talents for most retarded people...
IS ...
THE ...
MIGHTY ...
UNBEATABLE ...
RETARDIN!!!!!!!
Translated: Paladin with retribution talents.
SUGGESTED FROM ME FOR ANY SORT OF"me nub me dont know how to pway" and "me dont use mouse onwy keyboad fow tuwning awound"
And seriously, it is simple when you use only shields and Command Seal. All you do is press 3 buttons and no macro or such required!

Level 8
I like a little effort put into something I'm paying for, rather than just getting everything thrown at me, being held by the hand for 99% of the game. If by that you mean time/effort, than yes.

Also "Ooh, WoW the best becuz it took time and effort to get epics" is that supposed to be me? I hope not, I actually can spell, use proper grammar, and understand the English language.

Level 24
If you create a trial acc you´re unable to reach 80 and therefor you should try play as a twink. I´ve stopped play on my 80 couse ICC sucks and play on an lvl 1 twink with The Explorer and the Noble title. I almost got 25 000 hk's and 1800 Achivment points with him now and it never gets boring. I´ve more playtime total on my lvl 1 twink then my 80 and I´ve a litle bit over a mounths play time on him.

Level 6
I like a little effort put into something I'm paying for, rather than just getting everything thrown at me, being held by the hand for 99% of the game. If by that you mean time/effort, than yes.

Also "Ooh, WoW the best becuz it took time and effort to get epics" is that supposed to be me? I hope not, I actually can spell, use proper grammar, and understand the English language.

No, it wasn't suppose to be you. The game now can be played by casual players, and doesn't take a long while to get those 40 players to show up. Lets not turn this into a war. I think we've done that in a couple threads all ready.

Level 19
Paladin, because:

Paladins deals both physical and magical (holy) damage
Paladins can over heal everyone else
Paladins can outplay every other class
Paladins never run out of mana
Paladins only have bubbles
Paladins have aura for almost everything
Paladins can be everything (dps, tank, healer)
Paladins are the second class that has slow and stun
Paladins have buffs for everything
Paladins wear plates
Paladins can use any weapon in-game except the ranged ones

And after Cata release, they will begin to have 10+ bonus talent points, which means one thing:
SHOCKADINS WILL OWN YOUR ASS ALL THE TIME.

Level 8
Common mistake that getting 40 people took forever, my guild was always 30 minutes to an hour online before the raid took place, we had 10-15 other players PvPing and waiting in case someone had an emergency and had to leave the raid.

Level 24
Mortar are wrong paladins can not be everything they cant be ranged dps for example and even if some may think ther´s not a big diffrence from range and melle dps I can tell you this it is!

Level 24
Well if there is one thing i hate then that's a gnome tank or a goblin tank. People who makes a gnome or goblin tank just dont take the game srsly.

Level 25
The most annoying class in the game is, and always will be, the Night Elf Retribution Paladin. They can bubble, they can pretty much 1 hit you if they're geared to the teeth, and worst of all... they love to flip around after killing you or when they're running away and dance like Michael Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.