• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Do not ask why we cannot use them when Oohforf has already listed enough reasons. Why aren't we using them? Because I created a poll that determines whether we use WoW exports or not and the poll was majorly in favor of NOT using them. Therefore, Wc3:WoW does not need any exported models or skins. The only things exported from World of Warcraft that we need is sounds and music. Something I can't really get access to anymore.

I think it's probably a small way of motivating people to create their own "WOW models"

It would be nice lol

Level 25
Well I used to use Warcraft III Viewer to open the WoW MPQ file and just pull whatever sounds and songs from World of Warcraft that we needed, but now I've been asking Doron to send me WoW music and sounds since I seem to be unable to open the files anymore... maybe Blizzard protected it or something from WC3 Viewer :smile:

Level 25
There are a lot more WoW models and skins than sounds and songs, the file size would go well over 200mb if we used all the WoW models and skins. Plus, it's against the site's rules to use WoW models and skins. And finally, music and sounds make Wc3:WoW feel way more like World of Warcraft than models and skins do, IMO.

Level 8
And finally, music and sounds make Wc3:WoW feel way more like World of Warcraft than models and skins do, IMO.

Wrong! Hand-holding, easy mode, handing out loot, and finally pre-teen kiddies spamming Chuck Norris jokes MAKE WoW.

*cough* not to mention everything in WoW was ripped from other games *cough cough*

But anyways, glad to see that you have music, will add a lot more to the game. Music in anything adds a lot more depth, watch a movie that is muted with subtitles and get back to me on how good it was.

Level 8
Actually if you went through the thread, you would know that he did use tile variation. As he said it just blended in together very well.

There is tile variation and I'd rather not terrain at all than work on terrains that use "no" tile variation. Durotar and Orgrimmar use three tiles primarily. The tiles blend a bit much, and I just realized that Durotar's tile in World of Warcraft isn't as cracked as it is in our Durotar. But I'll have to make due with what I have, unless you want to make a new tile for me. I am trying to recreate a terrain as much as I can and this is just about the best I can do with what I got... oh and it's not complete yet, if you read.

PS: Sorry if I sound aggressive. Really sick this weekend and it's practically killing me! :sad:

Here you go, please read through things before saying things that have been answered before.

Level 2
2 words for you: Get glasses.

PLEASE.

So those screenys DON'T hurt your eyes.

You are honestly telling me that this doesn't physically hurt your eyes?

Not to mention that the grids are completely visible.

This kind of giant areas of tile is horrible.

Level 6
No, it does not hurt my eyes. If you read the posts above, you will know why it "hurts your eyes". I suggest you to do what yabooer said, unless you can create some tiles for Craka

"please read through things before saying things that have been answered before."

Last edited:
Level 8
Well...

You most likely will NOT care about the terrain as much because of how amazing the other systems will be.

But there are a couple of things you can do, quit complaining, offer to help the team, or since you're the master terrainer as you try to show yourself as... Make your own Durotar and try to compare.

Level 8
Yeah, this is what the 10th time you've said my name wrong? Yabooer, not hard to read and type eh?

Level 8
But... This isn't a Democracy, this is Communist North Korea! You either praise this project or be killed on sight, then all of your relatives and family, please sticky this post to the main thread so all shall know how this forum operates!

Level 25
The team is me, Yixx, Shamanyouranus, Forgotten_Warlord, and Mulgrim. But the activity is mainly between me and Forgotten_Warlord. I still need to send him a bunch of armor piece sceenshots from WoW so he can make them for WarCraft III, but I'm so lazy lately...

Yixx is very busy now and his computer runs really slowly, rendering him almost unable to do anything for the project at the moment. Therefore, I may search for another vJASS expert who can dedicate himself to coding the project.

Level 18
I whas thinking about trying to terrain Ironforge but than i had this in mind. When your project is finished totally finished (prolly gona take som years) no offense but thats true i even wonder if wc3 is still alive than. and not to forgett StarcraftII many shall leave to play that. And what if blizzard makes a Warcraft IV what they gona do for sure since they make Diable III ScII and WoW catalysm (wow catalysm is a perfect begin to make an expansion for wc3 so i would be weird if they didnt) now i dont try to make you less motivated cause i like this project but i just hope that it isnt for nothing.

Level 8
Was hard but I got the gist of what you were saying, if they do make a WCIV then it will just be ported over. Starcraft II will not really take too many from WC3 unless DoTA is ported over to SCII which I don't think is in Icefrog's mind.

Either way, there will be a population left that will play this map.

Level 7
Craka_J should get his team back and really go at this and finish it quickly and should heavly advertise this map to get a massive population of fans going. This could still be a really huge thing of done right.

Level 5
*sigh* Hopefully this project wont fall =(, its been so good so far, well from what i've seen and heard, i know no one has heard of me but i've been following this project for nearly a year now! And advertising this project will be a good idea. it will increase the fan's = some of the fans will be good at terrianing or GUI (i know nothing bout that..) and make this project finish faster =), but goodluck to the team, i'm still supporting them!:grin: