• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bunch of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
These are some things I have been wondering about WC3: WoW.

1. Will the EXP be the same amounts as WoW, level-to-level, and will you have to start at 0 EXP at the beginning of each level? If so, that would make it a real WoW experience.

2. I know your are currently making the Classic WoW, but do you plan on adding any expansion content? I wanted to ask if you planned on putting in the Tempest Keep Kael'Thas Encounter. That has to be my favorite, even if I have never played it. It'd be great to actually see it in WC3: WoW.

3. Still a WIP I understand, do you plan on adding all the starting areas? Such as the human and dwarf starting places? I assume you are, but I still want to ask.

4. For the gnomes, do you plan on making their starting place Gnomeragon or will they start in the dwarf area?

5. Will you be allowed to create your own guild, and invite player bots to join?

6. Will all levels of player bots be wandering the main cities and map? Like in Stormwind how you can find people ranged from 1 to 80 crowding the streets.

7. Will there be a auction house with items you can buy from player bots of all levels, and can you sell your items/mounts/weapons in the AH and have a % chance of a player bot placing an offer or buying it immediately?

8. Will buildings be enter-able? (This may have already been answered, but still.)

9. You said you could pick your own name when creating your character, does this include first and last name? Is there a character limit?

10. Will there be those annoying level 1 spam bots that yell "Free WoW Gold just $10 at gaygold.com!" ?

11. Will the player-bots and players be able to pass through each other like in WoW, so you don't get stuck when walking around?

12. Regarding question 5, if yes, will you be able to set ranks for each member (player bot), like demoting them, promoting them, making custom ranks, and even assigning a player bot as guild leader before leaving the guild and making another?

13. Will Player-Bots go "Online" and "Offline", like normal players and come on randomly?

14. Will there be a "Friend" feature that lets you save a player-bot, and if the player-bot is available in the map and not in your group can be invited?

15. Will quest sharing be active? And can some quests be considered unshareable if the bot has already completed it, or is already on it?

16. You mentioned commands for player-bots, other than "Heal Me!" and "Attack!" what else will there be?

17. When inviting some player bots to a group, will there be a possibility that they are already in a group, and you recieve the "Already in Group" error message?

18. Will there be "Party Chat" for bot commands, "Guild Chat" for guild commands, regarding 12 and 5, and "Raid" chat for instances to order tanks to taunt or maybe a healer to focus on a different party member?

19. Am I asking too many questions? (Don't answer this lol.)

20. Will Paladins have the ability to summon their mounts like in WoW?

21. How will dual wielding work for rogues and warriors and hunters?

22. Will you be able to interact with city guards to get directions to class trainers, profession trainers, and various town locations?

23. If enchanting can be learned, are all items/armor/weapons enchantable, or will only certain special weapons have "Enchantment" slots?

24. How are you going to have Copper, Silver, and Gold? Or will it all be Gold?

25. Are you going to include all of WoW's achievements?

26. Will player-bots put up a good fight in requested duels?

27. Will there be that annoying level 1 with a rigged enchanted weapon running around challenging level 10's and whipping them badly? (This does happen in WoW, believe me.)

28. Are you going to have the hunger system for hunters' pets so if they are unhappy 75% damage, happy 100% damage, and 125% very happy?

29. Awhile back I heard of something for pets called Loyalty, will this be included?

30. Are all of the abilities from class trainers still going to cost buttloads of money like they do in WoW now, or will you lower the price a little?

31. Will flying mounts be ridable in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor? (No restrictions such as "only ridable in outland/northrend".) ?

32. Will there constantly be new level 1 player-bots in the newbie areas questing to make the WoW look real as if new people join every day?

33. If you are being attacked by a mob, and you run into the range of a town guard, will they help you or just stand there and watch as your mauled to death?

34. Every once in a while, will a large group of 10-30 level 60's come and attempt to raid your town and kill the leader and have a % chance of winning/failing? (This I would LOVE to see.)

35. Will there be a small % chance that when you attempt to do an instance, another raid party is already doing it and you will have to wait a small amount of time in order to enter?

I know all of this can't be possibly included in 2.0 beta, but for in the far future, can all of this be done? Please answer all my questions. Thanks in advance, I appreciate all and any answers.

Level 25
I was able to tell immediately you did not read any of the most important threads I made that answer the majority of your questions. I will answer what I can at a later time, but for now, please read every single thing in the following posts/threads:
* About Wc3:WoW - General FAQ

* Change-Log: 2.0 - What To Expect

* What NOT To Expect - Self-explanatory

* Wc3:WoW Bots - FAQ About Bots in Wc3:WoW

Level 5
Craka_J, I have already read the Wc3: WoW Bots thread and the What NOT to expect, and the Change-Log. I'm asking questions that weren't answered for me, but I'll gladly take a second look.
Yep, Not a single one of those threads answered any of the above questions specifically. That's why I asked them. Correct me if I'm wrong about certain ones, but I can say that the majority of my questions were not answered by your threads.

EDIT: Merged post.

Last edited:
Level 8
These are some things I have been wondering about WC3: WoW.

1. Will the EXP be the same amounts as WoW, level-to-level, and will you have to start at 0 EXP at the beginning of each level? If so, that would make it a real WoW experience.

Not too sure about this one, I'm not sure on if it will be able to be reset (XP Bar) so I'll assume it will be a continuous XP system like in all Wc3 games.

2. I know your are currently making the Classic WoW, but do you plan on adding any expansion content? I wanted to ask if you planned on putting in the Tempest Keep Kael'Thas Encounter. That has to be my favorite, even if I have never played it. It'd be great to actually see it in WC3: WoW.

As answered multiple times throughout this project he will NOT be adding the expansion content, EVER, unless they decide they will after FINISHING the project first.

3. Still a WIP I understand, do you plan on adding all the starting areas? Such as the human and dwarf starting places? I assume you are, but I still want to ask.

It has been answered that every race will get their own starting place just like in the game.

4. For the gnomes, do you plan on making their starting place Gnomeragon or will they start in the dwarf area?

Gnomeregan* Also, where did the Gnomes start off at in WoW Pre BC (Hopefully you know that I'm not asking the question seriously....)

5. Will you be allowed to create your own guild, and invite player bots to join?

You will be able to join guilds for raiding etc... Bots will be able to join because you will have to have them until worsoc comes out.

6. Will all levels of player bots be wandering the main cities and map? Like in Stormwind how you can find people ranged from 1 to 80 crowding the streets.

There is no such thing as 60+, so no you will not be seeing people ranging from 1-80, BUT The 1-60 players will be running around every map from what I've read. Most will be at IF because that is where everyone was at Pre BC then it went SW and then no one went to Teld because it was too far from anything.

7. Will there be a auction house with items you can buy from player bots of all levels, and can you sell your items/mounts/weapons in the AH and have a % chance of a player bot placing an offer or buying it immediately?

It has already been answered that there WILL be AH's not sure how bots will react to them or not, that part hasn't been explained.

8. Will buildings be enter-able? (This may have already been answered, but still.)

As with ALL of your questions so far it has been answered some it will you'll be able to walk in and the building will become transparent, the majority of them won't be enter able though.

9. You said you could pick your own name when creating your character, does this include first and last name? Is there a character limit?

In WoW can you pick a last name? There will be a character limit so you don't have (XxXIr1337zz7331rIXxX, or ZYZYZYYYZYZYYYZYZYZYZYZYZYZYYZYZYZYYZYZYZYYZYZYZYYZYZYZYZYZYYZYZYZYZYZYZY) or some stupid bull shit name children like to do.

10. Will there be those annoying level 1 spam bots that yell "Free WoW Gold just $10 at gaygold.com!" ?

Of course, the bots are meant to make the game seem just like WoW.

11. Will the player-bots and players be able to pass through each other like in WoW, so you don't get stuck when walking around?

Maybe, maybe not, though it would be funny (annoying) to see players blocking the bank entrance.

12. Regarding question 5, if yes, will you be able to set ranks for each member (player bot), like demoting them, promoting them, making custom ranks, and even assigning a player bot as guild leader before leaving the guild and making another?

Not too sure on the interface involved but I'm almost positive you will be able to seeing how it will match WoW...

13. Will Player-Bots go "Online" and "Offline", like normal players and come on randomly?

Simply, yes.

14. Will there be a "Friend" feature that lets you save a player-bot, and if the player-bot is available in the map and not in your group can be invited?

Not sure, probably.

15. Will quest sharing be active? And can some quests be considered unshareable if the bot has already completed it, or is already on it?

Most likely not.

16. You mentioned commands for player-bots, other than "Heal Me!" and "Attack!" what else will there be?

They will respond to a whole bunch of commands, I'm pretty sure if insulted enough there will be a % chance that the bot will leave.

17. When inviting some player bots to a group, will there be a possibility that they are already in a group, and you recieve the "Already in Group" error message?

Yes.

18. Will there be "Party Chat" for bot commands, "Guild Chat" for guild commands, regarding 12 and 5, and "Raid" chat for instances to order tanks to taunt or maybe a healer to focus on a different party member?

Most likely.

19. Am I asking too many questions? (Don't answer this lol.)

You asked a lot of simple questions that could've been found with a simple click of "Search".

20. Will Paladins have the ability to summon their mounts like in WoW?

They are trying to recreate WoW Pre BC, so answer that yourself.

21. How will dual wielding work for rogues and warriors and hunters?

You will be able to dual wield two weapons... Attachments will be shown...

22. Will you be able to interact with city guards to get directions to class trainers, profession trainers, and various town locations?

Probably.

23. If enchanting can be learned, are all items/armor/weapons enchantable, or will only certain special weapons have "Enchantment" slots?

All trade skills will be learned, all items just like in WoW will be able to be enchanted.

24. How are you going to have Copper, Silver, and Gold? Or will it all be Gold?

The inventory system will most likely show how much Copper/Silver/Gold you have.

25. Are you going to include all of WoW's achievements?

Achievements were not implemented while Pre BC was out.

26. Will player-bots put up a good fight in requested duels?

Of course, he wouldn't create WSG and have the targets just sit and auto attack.

27. Will there be that annoying level 1 with a rigged enchanted weapon running around challenging level 10's and whipping them badly? (This does happen in WoW, believe me.)

Not rigged just people who use their money for these things, so yes.

28. Are you going to have the hunger system for hunters' pets so if they are unhappy 75% damage, happy 100% damage, and 125% very happy?

Not sure, wait for a reply from Craka.

29. Awhile back I heard of something for pets called Loyalty, will this be included?

Just like in WoW if you don't keep it fed it will leave.

30. Are all of the abilities from class trainers still going to cost buttloads of money like they do in WoW now, or will you lower the price a little?

This is recreating WoW so, you decide yourself.

31. Will flying mounts be ridable in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor? (No restrictions such as "only ridable in outland/northrend".) ?

This is Pre BC NO BC/WoTLK systems will be involved, flying mounts being one of them...

32. Will there constantly be new level 1 player-bots in the newbie areas questing to make the WoW look real as if new people join every day?

Most likely.

33. If you are being attacked by a mob, and you run into the range of a town guard, will they help you or just stand there and watch as your mauled to death?

They will attack, just like the guards.

34. Every once in a while, will a large group of 10-30 level 60's come and attempt to raid your town and kill the leader and have a % chance of winning/failing? (This I would LOVE to see.)

It won't be based on chance but yes it will happen. Succeeding will depend on their gear/level/defenders.

35. Will there be a small % chance that when you attempt to do an instance, another raid party is already doing it and you will have to wait a small amount of time in order to enter?

No because instances are INSTANCED meaning you don't share an instance with anyone but your party members.

I know all of this can't be possibly included in 2.0 beta, but for in the far future, can all of this be done? Please answer all my questions. Thanks in advance, I appreciate all and any answers.

Everything answered will tell you what you need to know.

Please next time instead of making us go through 35 questions (5-8 of them actual unanswered questions) search through the forums, it isn't hard and would save people a LOT of time. If Craka had answered all of this it would've taken him 10 minutes at the least which could've been used for terraining.

Level 5
Yabooer, Each of these questions, except a few, I could NOT find in the threads Craka_J linked to me. That is exactly why I asked them. If 5-8 of them are actual unanswered, please show me the rest?

EDIT: I don't like to argue about stuff like this, I can honestly say I'd sell my soul for this project, It's just a bunch of questions. Your telling me that they have been answered without actually showing me the answers, I can't find the answers to these specific questions anywhere in your threads. I would apologize completely for keeping this silly thing going if I could just get the answers to my questions rather than arguing about whether they have been answered or not. If they've been answered, where are the answers?

EDIT2: Out of the threads in the WC3: WoW forum, I don't see any with the questions I have in them. If there is one, perhaps I didn't see it, and I'll go look now.

Level 8
Who said they were in the threads linked by Craka? He is a noob who doesn't play WAR, also you REALLY want me to waste 15-20 mins to link you all of these questions? Please just hit the "Search this forum" and enter what you want to find.

Level 9
You can think yourself to many of the answers to these questions. First of, a lot of what you ask is expansion stuff which will not be included. Second of, stupid things such as bots yelling buy gold at CrayGold.com, will not be included neither. I'm not a developer of this project, but by reading the forums here, I have a good enough idea about the project to answer the major part of your questions, I don't have the time though :p If you have so many questions, just read what have already been posted, and you will understand.

Ofc. some of your "better" questions should be answered by Craka, or another developer.

EDIT: I can answer question 19 :D YES!

Level 5
JakeCake, maybe you didn't read the quote by Yabooer, the "stupid things" that make WoW real will be included. Read before posting please, I already made that mistake. This topic served its purpose, it can be closed. Thank you Yabooer very much for answering my questions.

Level 8
Search key points, most of them are self explanatory from Craka's plans. I will not go around searching answers for you when you can do that yourself. Some of the answers that I did not know so I asked Craka directly through steam. Only reason I know most of theses is because I've been watching this project for 3 years now.

No problem and good luck.

Level 2
"7. Will there be a auction house with items you can buy from player bots of all levels, and can you sell your items/mounts/weapons in the AH and have a % chance of a player bot placing an offer or buying it immediately?

It has already been answered that there WILL be AH's not sure how bots will react to them or not, that part hasn't been explained."

this brought up a good point, the AH could easily be exploited once you got down how the bots react to the AH, unless there was some sort of system that randomized how they generally reacted

Level 8
It is a % to buy/bid on an item put up on the AH, you'll get players bidding against you etc... It is random, therefore it can not be abused/exploited.

Level 19
About the Tempest Keep one, I think it might take a while for Craka to get to that stage of the game, since the starting areas are still under development...

Level 19
It's actually quite nice of you to post your huge amount of questions, it tells us that you're showing interest in this project a lot. And fortunately, you can also get the answers from certain threads in here, so feel free to explore around a bit first:)

Level 8
About the Tempest Keep one, I think it might take a while for Craka to get to that stage of the game, since the starting areas are still under development...

Well this AND the fact that it was in Burning Crusade, which he stated multiple times will not be made. =) Though since it is an instance and in the original Pre BC map, if all of the instances are used up and everyone is cap level screaming for more. They might add more instances (Though hopefully it won't be extremely easy like the shit they pulled in BC/WotLK)

Status
Not open for further replies.