• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Unity RPG Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
No offense, but how many games you have actually played ? What you show us is far from being 'best orpg ever made'.
The UI seems weird, doesnt even show a paperdoll sheet for knowing what you did equip where.
The only combat moment that felt halfway OK in that video was when mage used spells. Halfway because when you blink eye for the moment, will notice all spells have shared cd.
When warrior jumped into melee with what seems like an jrpg inspired move one can observe how combatants cant interact properly within melee range, and later when the archer character failed to shoot and had to change pos, that too did a great job of showing how flawed is the combat system.
Then came the worst part at the end: That area with over-bloom effect, for it was probably supposed to be a fog effect. Not that the monsters looked any good, the places any inviting to explore, nor the PC's any detailed.

Level 8
For a two man project I think it's very good. But obviously not "best game ever".
With time it could be a decent game, sure. But not in the state it is right now.
Again, I'm impressed that only two persons have made it this far.

All those words and 1 normal comment. There are 2 people making this project and only 1 codder.

The project isn't even finished, lol. :vw_wtf:

Level 8
You give me no credit.. I think it's an amazing game not gameplay wise but that graphic and progress with two people.. wtf..

I couldn't agree more. 2 devs and a small workforce for such great project is just...

If they had like 2 more devs, I think alpha would alredy be out by now. Plus, its unity 3D project, they didn't made models, they bought models, its kinda tricky to make good graphics with character models you bought and didn't draw yourself. Overall, I think this project is great for 2 people working on it. :ogre_haosis:

Level 23
it only takes so much work to get some content if you have systems in-place, doesnt matter the size of dev team.

Also there is nothing bad at asking what the progress is. If you make no progress, your project is either paused or cancelled, so your answers are as harsh as it can get

And I dont want to be shittalker, but using Unity even 1 person can pull good things up, it just takes time

Level 8
Yea, I agree, my cousin went crazy for Unity and did amazing progress in 2 days (terrain and walk sounds, plus some models)... but 1 dev is 1 dev and making all npcs, trees, walking sounds, spells, interface and UI is pretty nasty. There is only 1 codder and 1 sound maker in their team and I would still score it 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.