• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] While Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello Hive.

I've got an issue with a trigger for a spell...

The spell is like water shield from World of Warcraft, if you know about it;

It gives mana regen per 5 seconds (mp5) for aslong as the shield lasts.
Now this wouldn't be an issue for me if it was permanent, but i'm not the best when it comes to triggers so i need help with it.

so while the buff of the water shield is on the target (it can only target self) it should increase the value of the int variable "Mana_Per_5" by 12 which is easy but when the buff runs out those 12 mp5 needs to disappear.

in short: while water shield buff is up increase "mana_per_5" by 12. when the buff fades decrease "mana_per_5" by 12.

could also use some help with the actual mana give trigger which currently looks like:
  • give mp5
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[1] to ((Mana of Player_Character[1]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[1])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[2] to ((Mana of Player_Character[2]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[2])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[3] to ((Mana of Player_Character[3]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[3])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[4] to ((Mana of Player_Character[4]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[4])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[5] to ((Mana of Player_Character[5]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[5])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[6] to ((Mana of Player_Character[6]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[6])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[7] to ((Mana of Player_Character[7]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[7])))
      • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[8] to ((Mana of Player_Character[8]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[8])))
It could use some optimization

and the mana_per_5 variable is changed with either:
  • Set mana_Per_5[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (mana_Per_5[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] + X)
or:
  • Set mana_Per_5[(Player number of (Owner of (Learning Hero)))] = (mana_Per_5[(Player number of (Owner of (Learning Hero)))] + X)
Depending on if it's when you get an item with mp5 or when you learn a skill that gives mp5

Last edited by a moderator:
First, declare a new integer variable. (Let's assume it's called Index)

And viola:

• give mp5
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each Index from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[Index] to ((Mana of Player_Character[Index]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[Index])))
There we go, much better.

edit
Now as for the variation you want, I'll get to that in a moment.

edit

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • ((YouUnit) has buff YourBuff) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • give the unit mana_per_5 + 12
    • Else - Actions
      • give the unit mana_per_5
That should do it.

edit
Your final trigger should probably look like this:

• Give Mana
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each Index from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Player_Character[Index] Not Equal to No unit
              • (Player_Character[Index] is Alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Player_Character[Index] has buff Water Shield) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[Index] to ((Mana of Player_Character[Index]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[Index])) + 12.00)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Set mana of Player_Character[Index] to ((Mana of Player_Character[Index]) + (Real(mana_Per_5[Index])))
            • Else - Actions

Level 3
cheers magtheridon! that worked perfectly between all players :D +rep

also i don't use rejuvenation ability because is is gonna be used by the druid so i don't want the buffs to override eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.