• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] What just go wrong :'( Please check and help, will rep and thank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
  • Defeat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
      • (Real((Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Dying unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)))) Equal to 0.00
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat (Owner of (Dying unit)) with the message: Defeat!

• Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00
    • Actions
      • Set WinTeam = (All enemies of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in WinTeam and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Victory (Picked player) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
I try to make my own version of victory and defeat condition for my custom race altered melee map but it just don't go as supposed. The trigger randomly gives a victory whenever it feels like, disregards any condition and event :'(.

I am now not very sure about the defeat condition either. Someone please help.

Level 6
45.PNG
use this condition.

Level 6
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A structure) Equal to True
      • (Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Dying unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Dying unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Picked unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Set All_Dead = False
            • Else - Actions
              • Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of (Owner of (Dying unit))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
It's working I tested it. Victory and defeat!!

Level 6
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Dying unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Dying unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Picked unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Set All_Dead = False
            • Else - Actions
              • Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of (Owner of (Dying unit))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
It's working I tested it. Victory and defeat!!

I hope it will work in 1v1v1v1 or 2v2 or 2v2v2

Level 9
Set WinTeam = (All enemies of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))

This line is a problem. It will give a victory to ALL players who are enemies with the team being defeated, regardless if the said players are allies or enemies; thus giving a victory to all even without killing each other off. It invokes when at least one team loses.

Your defeat trigger has flaws also if you are trying to recreate the melee defeat condition. A player gets defeated when his team lost all structures, not only his own structures.

Also, your defeat and victory conditions don't cover everything yet (if you are trying to recreate normal melee conditions). You also have to check when a player cancels a structure, because if a player has an unfinished structure and cancels it, and he has no structures, then that player won't be defeated.

Also, again, if you are trying to recreate melee conditions, you need to include unfinished structures in counting.

Level 6
This line is a problem. It will give a victory to ALL players who are enemies with the team being defeated, regardless if the said players are allies or enemies; thus giving a victory to all even without killing each other off. It invokes when at least one team loses.

Your defeat trigger has flaws also if you are trying to recreate the melee defeat condition. A player gets defeated when his team lost all structures, not only his own structures.

Also, your defeat and victory conditions don't cover everything yet (if you are trying to recreate normal melee conditions). You also have to check when a player cancels a structure, because if a player has an unfinished structure and cancels it, and he has no structures, then that player won't be defeated.

Also, again, if you are trying to recreate melee conditions, you need to include unfinished structures in counting.

In normal melee game, A player will get defeat when he lose all of his construction, not when his team lost all construction. He will then have to click quit campaign. When all players in the team quit the game, the team is no more.

In a 3 teams fight, when there is only 2 team remain in the game and one of the 2 team destroy all structure of the last player of the other team. The victory goes to the enemies of the team get destroyed since at this time only 2 team are left in the game, even if the trigger make all enemies of the other team win, the other players of the third team aren't there so there is no problem.

Since i make the condition say count all buildings of enemies of the killing team, it should include all enemies from 2 other teams.

The defeat condition literally means that it counts all building of a player but does not count their unfinished buildings. if they have 0 finished building and 2 unfinished building it will still count as 0 and then give them a defeat message.

That was my idea when i create the trigger. There must be something wrong in the condition, making the mechanism read it differently. :(

Last edited:
Level 9
In normal melee game, A player will get defeat when he lose all of his construction, not when his team lost all construction. He will then have to click quit campaign. When all players in the team quit the game, the team is no more.

Are you sure? This is not the case after playing several melee games.
From http://classic.battle.net/war3/basics/teams.shtml
Defeat
A team is only defeated when all of the buildings of all team members are destroyed. A team can also be defeated when all of the teammates have left the game except one and that one remaining player no longer has any of their buildings (only has their allies buildings to control). You cannot eliminate a single team member by killing all of their buildings. Since this is the case it's best to destroy an opposing team member's ability to produce units and gather resources, then move on to hit another town. You can then come back and clean up the town after you have won elsewhere. Don't spend too much time focusing on killing all of the buildings of an opposing team member, because they can simply just share unit control and start controlling the units of another person on their team.
Stay With Your Teammate Until You Are Eliminated
Do not just leave the game when you start to lose. By doing, this you are stabbing your teammate in the back and turning your back on your teammate. Help your teammate until you are eliminated.

If you lose your town, you can ask to share your allies' units. Help them better control what they have and continue with the game.

If you still have a worker left, ask your teammate for money so you can rebuild your town.

-----
In a 3 teams fight, when there is only 2 team remain in the game and one of the 2 team destroy all structure of the last player of the other team. The victory goes to the enemies of the team get destroyed since at this time only 2 team are left in the game, even if the trigger make all enemies of the other team win, the other players of the third team aren't there so there is no problem.

• Defeat
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • (Real((Count structures controlled by (Owner of (Dying unit)) (Exclude incomplete structures)))) Equal to 0.00
    • Actions
Include Incomplete structures. Trust me. I've played more melee games than you'd ever imagine. (If you want to follow the normal melee defeat conditions.)

• Victory
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • (Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00
  • Actions
  • Set WinTeam = (All enemies of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
  • Loop - Actions
Reviewing your triggers, it should work. Let me check more on hands-on...

I try to make my own version of victory and defeat condition for my custom race altered melee map but it just don't go as supposed. The trigger randomly gives a victory whenever it feels like, disregards any condition and event :'(.
Can you pinpoint exactly how it ends?

Level 9
I can't seem to replicate the bug you're saying here...

• Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00
    • Actions
      • Set WinTeam = (All enemies of (Owner of (Dying unit)))
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_WinTeam)
Your custom script should be this, btw:
Code:
Custom script:   call DestroyForce(udg_WinTeam)

----

Also, I suggest you merge defeat and victory conditions in 1 trigger for debugging purposes, (or it may be better that way anyway)

Level 6
I can't seem to replicate the bug you're saying here...

• Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00
    • Actions
      • Set WinTeam = (All enemies of (Owner of (Dying unit)))
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_WinTeam)
Your custom script should be this, btw:
Code:
Custom script:   call DestroyForce(udg_WinTeam)

----

Also, I suggest you merge defeat and victory conditions in 1 trigger for debugging purposes, (or it may be better that way anyway)

How did you do that?
The not-getting the bug thing.

Did you enable the trigger?
Did you play more than 10 minutes?
Did you play with more than 1 computer?
Did you play with more than 2 teams?

About the custom script. Thank you. I didn't put much thought in that.

Level 9
I have enabled the trigger and fixed the custom script, then I played 1v1 with a comp. I will try having teams right now.

EDIT:
I have replicated it now. I review your victory trigger now and post what's wrong.

EDIT 2:
I think I have found the cause of this.
This line is the problem.
It should be like this, right?
Code:
(Owner of (Killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (MATCHING UNIT))

Last edited:
Level 6
I have enabled the trigger and fixed the custom script, then I played 1v1 with a comp. I will try having teams right now.

EDIT:
I have replicated it now. I review your victory trigger now and post what's wrong.

EDIT 2:
I think I have found the cause of this.
This line is the problem.
It should be like this, right?
Code:

The trigger that you found in the map i update in the map resource section is the trigger that i rewrote after applying Warseeker's advice and seeing that it still didn't work.

Fixed for you ^^ try now!

The original Trigger is in the first post of this thread and it is exactly not different from the line you just posted but i must thank you for point that out for me. Those triggers really put my brain on a Merry-go-around.

Level 9
i 1v1 with the computer and still receive the problem at 21:58 mark.

Still how to create a timer?

I check the trigger but don't know what to do with it.

Create a variable type Timer.
Then in actions trigger, search for countdown timer there. There are actions already for that.

Then you will create another trigger for turning off the Additional Faction <gen>.

• Off Faction Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - sampleTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Additional Faction <gen>
----

Warseeker's trigger is this:
Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00

Mine is:

Give this a shot before using my trigger below.

----

Heya. Can you instead use this Victory trigger?
If it still happens then something is really wrong...
  • Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True)))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set WinTeam = (All players matching ((((Matching player) is an ally of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True) or ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Killing unit)))))
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_WinTeam)

Level 6
Create a variable type Timer.
Then in actions trigger, search for countdown timer there. There are actions already for that.

Then you will create another trigger for turning off the Additional Faction <gen>.

• Off Faction Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - sampleTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
----

Heya. Can you instead use this Victory trigger?
If it still happens then something is really wrong...
  • Victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True)))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set WinTeam = (All players matching ((((Matching player) is an ally of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True) or ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Killing unit)))))
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_WinTeam)

I made the timer trigger. Not sure if it works.

• Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 7.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title Time to choose cust...
      • Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window)
      • Set TimerWin = (Last created timer window)

• End Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWin

And welcome to my 1st version of victory condition. That's almost the 1st version that i made. However, i change it because if the unit that kill the last building is neutral Hostile or the player himself then no one got the win.

One thing i should note. The trigger doesn't work as it suppose to be mainly must be a problem in the condition part. I don't thing a change in action will do any difference but I run out of option so i will try that.

I don't think this trigger is appropriate. Sometimes, if you can't fix it just make a new one so if you can make a different one and it works then it's fine.

Level 9
Warseeker's trigger is this:
Real((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True)))))) Equal to 0.00

Mine is:

Give this a shot before using my trigger below.

How about this one?

-----

The trigger doesn't work as it suppose to be mainly must be a problem in the condition part. I don't thing a change in action will do any difference but I run out of option so i will try that.

My new trigger has a different set of conditions as well :) I just flavored the actions too because... well... it's definitely weird the trigger doesn't work. lol.

Level 6
How about this one?

-----

My new trigger has a different set of conditions as well :) I just flavored the actions too because... well... it's definitely weird the trigger doesn't work. lol.

I tested and there is no victory.

I think we should do a new trigger. I see the event player leave the game and defeat. May be we can do something with that. I got to sleep now. Bye

Level 9
From scratch it is then. Anybody out there with idea is appreciated;

Recreating melee victory and defeat conditions.

----

I am currently creating a test map with an in-depth debug messages. It will come in handy.

----

I have finished my trigger and my test map.
  • Enforce victory and defeat conditions
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set vdc_triggeringUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit = (Owner of vdc_triggeringUnit)
      • Set vdc_alliesOfOwner = (All allies of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((The unit named + (Name of vdc_triggeringUnit)) + has died or cancelled.)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The conditonal trig...
        • If - Conditions
          • (vdc_triggeringUnit is A structure) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The triggering unit...
          • Player Group - Pick every player in vdc_alliesOfOwner and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam = (vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam + (Count structures controlled by (Picked player) (Include incomplete structures)))
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (No. of structures left: + (String(vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam)))
            • If - Conditions
              • vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit) + and his or her team are defeated!)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Checking if there i...
              • Set vdc_killingUnit = (Killing unit)
              • Set vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit = (Owner of vdc_killingUnit)
              • Set vdc_alliesOfKiller = (All allies of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit)
              • Set vdc_enemiesOfKiller = (All enemies of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit)
              • Player Group - Pick every player in vdc_enemiesOfKiller and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies = (vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies + (Count structures controlled by (Picked player) (Include incomplete structures)))
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Total no. of structures left to destroy by the killing team: + (String(vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies)))
                • If - Conditions
                  • vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit) + and his or her team are victorious!)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit) + and his or her team still have work to do!)
              • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies = 0
              • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_alliesOfKiller)
              • Custom script: set udg_vdc_alliesOfKiller = null
              • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_enemiesOfKiller)
              • Custom script: set udg_vdc_enemiesOfKiller = null
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit) + and his or her team can still fight!)
          • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam = 0
          • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_alliesOfOwner)
          • Custom script: set udg_vdc_alliesOfOwner = null
        • Else - Actions
The test map is attached to this post.

Attachments

• VictoryDefeatCondition.w3x
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 6
From scratch it is then. Anybody out there with idea is appreciated;

Recreating melee victory and defeat conditions.

----

I am currently creating a test map with an in-depth debug messages. It will come in handy.

----

I have finished my trigger and my test map.
  • Enforce victory and defeat conditions
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set vdc_triggeringUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit = (Owner of vdc_triggeringUnit)
      • Set vdc_alliesOfOwner = (All allies of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((The unit named + (Name of vdc_triggeringUnit)) + has died or cancelled.)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The conditonal trig...
        • If - Conditions
          • (vdc_triggeringUnit is A structure) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in vdc_alliesOfOwner and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam = (vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam + (Count structures controlled by (Picked player) (Include incomplete structures)))
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (No. of structures left: + (String(vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam)))
            • If - Conditions
              • vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit) + and his or her team are defeated!)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Checking if there i...
              • Set vdc_killingUnit = (Killing unit)
              • Set vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit = (Owner of vdc_killingUnit)
              • Set vdc_alliesOfKiller = (All allies of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit)
              • Set vdc_enemiesOfKiller = (All enemies of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit)
              • Player Group - Pick every player in vdc_enemiesOfKiller and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies = (vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies + (Count structures controlled by (Picked player) (Include incomplete structures)))
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Total no. of structures left to destroy by the killing team: + (String(vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies)))
                • If - Conditions
                  • vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit) + and his or her team are victorious!)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfKillingUnit) + and his or her team still have work to do!)
              • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresEnemies = 0
              • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_alliesOfKiller)
              • Custom script: set udg_vdc_alliesOfKiller = null
              • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_enemiesOfKiller)
              • Custom script: set udg_vdc_enemiesOfKiller = null
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of vdc_ownerOfTriggeringUnit) + and his or her team can still fight!)
          • Set vdc_numberOfStructuresTeam = 0
          • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_vdc_alliesOfOwner)
          • Custom script: set udg_vdc_alliesOfOwner = null
        • Else - Actions
The test map is attached to this post.

If this works, you can actually publish this trigger.

Level 9
If this works, you can actually publish this trigger.

Give it a try in the test map. If all possibilities work, then it is time to integrate it to your map. If something goes wrong, then something is wrong with your other triggers, since this is basically version 2 of our work.

Refactor the code as you see fit. I didn't put Defeat and Victory yet, just a message for testing purposes.

----

The trigger is probably too simple to do. It's just a simple GUI code. Nothing really bigto become a spell code or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.