• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Updating Jasshelper gave me problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I updated Jasshelper today and since I did that I'm getting errors with various triggers I put in my map something like 2 years ago.

What should I do?
I'm pannicing because I worked on this map for 3 years and recently I don't have a coder anymore.. I thought it wouldn't be a problem because most coding is done already, but if I have to change the triggers I'm deffo in serious trouble.

attachment.php

EDIT:
I fixed the first error.
But now I'm getting a very very very weird error that makes no sence.
What's going on? I don't get it.

What's this error? I did 'set in = i'. in is a local integer, and i is a local integer too. Soo why is it giving an error...

attachment.php

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Error2.jpg
    Error2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Level 17
Cohadar's jasshelper use new reserved vJass keywords :

- for
- to
- endfor
- in
- while
- endwhile

And maybe some others i've forgotten, read the documentation.

I'm agree that's quite late to add new reserved keywords but anyway "in" seems a terrible name for an integer variable imho.
The fix is easy, choice an other name.

Level 19
Thanks for the help.
Fixed it now.

Bit weird they change it now.
Yeah in is a weird name.. But it stands for item number. So I thought it would be a nice short name to call it in ;-). I just called it itemid now:)

Level 40
Thanks for the help.
Fixed it now.

Bit weird they change it now.
Yeah in is a weird name.. But it stands for item number. So I thought it would be a nice short name to call it in ;-). I just called it itemid now:)
cohadar is not the official distributor and has a rather different philosophy with regards to JASS than most of us old timers do.

Level 19
Well I don't know much about Jass.
Some great people used to code for my map. RaiN. did alot of work for it. Kingz too and Hanky even helped the team for a little while.
Now this map has been on a hold for a while I'm trying to do the small things myself... Even updating jasshelper was too big already haha.

Level 40
Well I don't know much about Jass.
Some great people used to code for my map. RaiN. did alot of work for it. Kingz too and Hanky even helped the team for a little while.
Now this map has been on a hold for a while I'm trying to do the small things myself... Even updating jasshelper was too big already haha.
Well, it's not really a "right" vs "wrong" thing so much as a difference in philosophies. Myself and most people that come to mind who were coding in JASS long before vJASS came about wanted to change the language as little as necessary, which is why the original vJASS was so barebones. Vexorian (the original maker of vJASS) slowly shifted towards adding more stuff which he wanted to use, but he tended to want more obscure/high level stuff than being able to cut one line out of your code in specific places. Many people who joined during or after the vJASS development process had a different perspective and wanted vJASS to be an entirely new language. The current maintainer (cohadar) is in the latter camp and thus you're seeing lots of minor feature additions.

That's about as unbiased as I could put it, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.