• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UnitIndexer (?) completely broke triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I honestly dont know what happened, but ill try 2 explain

I was messing around with reviving (some posts below this) last night and today. Today, i go to finish up the revive trigger and for some reason, EVERY trigger in the map does not work. I dont get my normal melee initialization triggers. I cant say commands that are supposed to produce triggers. If I spawn a hero and make him kill some mob, he gains normal exp (which isnt supposed to happen because im also using HeroReward...) JassHelper gives me no errors, i have no idea why that happens. Does anyone have simillar experiences like this? I'd rather not post the map

Also, the bit wierder part, most of my JNGP backups are giving game not found error even tho jasshelper says ok

Level 29
- UnitIndexer has nothing to do with it, its purpose is just to index your units (custom data), but if you change your units index manually, then your trigger will fucked up...
- maybe you have a jass trigger that has no value then you used it for if/then/else...
- try put debug messages to see what trigger is malfunctioning...

Level 19
- UnitIndexer has nothing to do with it, its purpose is just to index your units (custom data), but if you change your units index manually, then your trigger will fucked up...
- maybe you have a jass trigger that has no value then you used it for if/then/else...
- try put debug messages to see what trigger is malfunctioning...

1) I just thought it was the indexer because thats what i was toying with when it happened
2) ?
3) Cant... The map does NOT register ANY triggers. (almost like i disabled war3map.j on accident)

Level 20
Probably you exceeded the operation limit, this causes nothing after it to work.
Can't know what caused it without look at the map, though. Look for triggers where you execute too many instructions at once.
Initializing too many variables can also be a cause, make sure you don't initialize arrays to a high index (Don't change variable size in Variable Editor).

Level 19
Probably you exceeded the operation limit, this causes nothing after it to work.
I'm not sure what could have caused it, though.

Does that even exist? never heard of that

Anyway, i have about 30 snippets, a save-load system, custom inventory system and thats about it. I highly doubt thats gonna exceed. When opened in mpq editor, the .j is only 400kb (ive seen 2mb+)

Level 20
Does that even exist? never heard of that

Anyway, i have about 30 snippets, a save-load system, custom inventory system and thats about it. I highly doubt thats gonna exceed. When opened in mpq editor, the .j is only 400kb (ive seen 2mb+)

It's not the amount of code you have, but the amount of code executed at once. Usually, initialization triggers can do this if you do too many things in them since all of the actions are done at start.

Level 19
It's not the amount of code you have, but the amount of code executed at once. Usually, initialization triggers can do this if you do too many things in them since all of the actions are done at start.

I've edited a init. trigger, thats it... havent added any init triggers for a while

Level 20
Check if you have any loops that loop too much. And set the Size field for all variables to 0 in Variable Editor.
If that doesn't help, since you don't want to post the map, you can post the .j file and i'll take a look. Or post the protected map and i'll extract it for you.

Level 19
Check if you have any loops that loop too much. And set the Size field for all variables to 0 in Variable Editor.
If that doesn't help, since you don't want to post the map, you can post the .j file and i'll take a look. Or post the protected map and i'll extract it for you.

protected? lolz.

Anyway, screw it, here ya go....

/sec/

Here

(not sure if you can tell with a .j, but a ton of triggers are disabled)

Level 20
protected? lolz.

Anyway, screw it, here ya go....

/sec/

Here

(not sure if you can tell with a .j, but a ton of triggers are disabled)

Yeah, found the problem. You're initializing variables to high indices.
set the Size field for all variables to 0 in Variable Editor.
I found these variables to have high sizes: X, Y, Z_Facing.

Also these variables have size greater than 0 which isn't needed since you're setting their value to 0 anyway:
Bounty_Rats_Killed, Bounty_Rats_Doing, Bounty_Kobolds_Killed, Bounty_Kobolds_Doing.
WB Garfield1337 :)
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.