• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trying to make a root spell, won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
  • FS Buff Check
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Dragonhawk Rider
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: FIRED!
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Flaming Snare Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
The spell is suppose to root the target unit and deal damage over time. The damage is solved with Shadow Strike, the Root WOULD be solved with Ensnare, but it won't work.

Yes, the dummy unit has the Ensnare ability. (A copy of it, does that still work?)

Level 12
I hope the reason you are not using entangling roots is you want to practice some triggering or it has some kind of bugs which prevent working on air units.

1)Make sure your dummy has enough mana for ensnare skill
2)Delete last line of trigger, if spell works this way go your dummy unit's object editor settings and

Art - Animation - Blend Time
Art - Animation - Cast Backswing
Art - Animation - Cast Point

set all these values to 0

Also a note, you may want to use "A unit starts to effect of an ability" event

Level 12
I'm not using Entangling Roots because Entangling Roots is not actually a root spell, it's a root/stun. (It stops the target unit from attacking, but does not prevent spellcasting...I think, I haven't used that Spell in a long time. xD)

Okay, I'll try everything you suggested. xD

EDIT: Yeah, changing those values on the Dummy unit did it. Thanks for the help. +rep because this was a simple thing that I really should know, but I just have little experience in this so I don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.