• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello. I just joined the forums, and have editted maps for quite some time now. I've also used a lot of models and resources on this site, and have given credit where it is due, even though my maps have yet to see any sort of public light.

I'm starting this thread on a topic which might have been explored before. My problem is this:

I have about 219 triggers in total, some are trivial and some are more essential to the map. However, should I have all triggers enabled, all the triggers will simply stop working.

At first, it seemed to have something to do with the tremendous array sizes I had assigned to certain variables, but even after I've reduced them, I find this happening as I create more triggers.

I've read that it might have something to do with the operation limit or the limited number of function calls that can be made, but I am exactly unsure of what it could be.

Currently I'm sitting on 347 variables, 96 actions, 21 conditions, 8 events, 130 function calls, and as said above, I have 219 triggers. I am not sure if any of these numbers are too high for the editor to handle. Still, I am far from finished with my map, and while the basic systems have been made, I'll need to actually make a lot more triggers before it's finished. I'm wondering if there is any sort of way I can circumvent whatever limit I seem to be hitting?

Thanks in advance

Level 2
Thanks for the responses so far, but...

all varaibles array's size must be 1 except for Timer/Dialog or you'll hit op limit, Check this out: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...u-should-know-when-using-triggers-gui-233242/

Isn't the point of arrays that I can store several of the same type of variable? If I set array size to (1), doesn't that mean that it can only store 1 of that type, i.e I might as well not make it array to begin with? Or is the size irrelevant to how many variables of the same type you can store?

Level 29
Thanks for the responses so far, but...

Isn't the point of arrays that I can store several of the same type of variable? If I set array size to (1), doesn't that mean that it can only store 1 of that type, i.e I might as well not make it array to begin with? Or is the size irrelevant to how many variables of the same type you can store?

Yes that is the point of arrays. But the variable editor is misleading. If you set the value to 1 you can still use all the indexes. If you set it higher like 8192 it initializes all those indexes to a default value.

Level 29
Unit groups? I never knew that. I was using TempGroups[] all along with 1 array count in the Variable Editor.

Thanks for the info.

/hijack

Unit groups only need to be initialized to more than one when you do not use the set tempUnitGroup = whatever.

When you add unit to a unit group before using set or if you never use set you need to initialize them.

Level 2
Alright, it's worked again. I had this issue before, which I solved by cutting down on array sizes, but this time I figured it was more to do with trigger amounts, which wasn't true. I just had to reduce array sizes again.

Thanks for the help, and it's nice of you to have clarified some of this stuff for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.