• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger that doesn't damage the target as intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want an item-ability to cause 10x the caster's strength in damage to the target enemy unit but I'm very noobish at triggering and my triggering doesn't work.. Please help me! I also don't want the ability to be overrunned if an other Hero casts the item-ability in the same time.. This is how I made it
  • Helms Hammer Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Helm's Hammer Strike
    • Actions
      • Set MS_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((10.00 x (Real(RD_Level))) x ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) + 0.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 16
try this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Item Ability
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (10.00 x (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 14
try this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Item Ability
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (10.00 x (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Thank you. It works!

Level 19
I think your initial trigger doesnt work because you set MS_level but in the damage unti function you use a different variable

Status
Not open for further replies.