• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was tampering a little bit with randomising terrain and I've come across some issues:

- Objects, apart from units, do not seem to consider height changes when placed. Eg, placing a doodad or special effect where the ground has been lowered or raised makes it appear floating or buried, respectively.
- Similarily, water effects initially present in the map show even if the terrain is raised. (And the opposite)
- The minimap does not update​

I guess I could avoid water and use a minimap icon instead, but the first problem would make the terrain look quite bland. I tried using GetLocationZ but it seems to return the "old" Z value. I guess I could store Z changes to the terrain but that'd still be quite difficult to calculate...

Anyone got any ideas or know a good system?

Edit: Perhaps SetTerrainPathable could be used for fixing the water issue, if I can get the Z value.

Level 3
Hmm, weird... I get some issues. Maybe not special effects, it seems I was a little eager to place them, but trees and shadows are odd...

Attachments

• World Generator.w3x
    418.5 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.