• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Swapping weather conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I have 2 variables going together with 2 different rain styles(heavy and light). My goal is to use them to swap rain conditions gradually over time, so that at elapsed x seconds of game time, light rain starts, and later, at elapsed y seconds of game time, heavy rain starts and light rain turns off(right after heavy one starts). Triggering light rain is easy.

Actions:
- Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Light)
- Set lightrain = (Last created weather effect)
- Environment - Turn lightrain On

Then, later on, in another trigger:

Actions:
- Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
- Set heavyrain = (Last created weather effect)
- Environment - Turn lightrain Off
- Environment - Turn heavyrain On

Later on i wanna turn it back to light, so i use:

Actions:
- Environment - Turn heavyrain Off
- Environment - Turn lightrain On

However, nothing happens. Everything just works fine when i start light rain in the first place, but then heavy rain won't replace light rain. Am i doing something wrong?

Level 5
Instead of time elapsed, try using time periodic. Switching between the two should be easier.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The problem is that you can only have one rain effect created in each region at the same time.

You must destroy the old weather effect and create a new one. Turning the old one off is not sufficient. This will create a significant lag, though. No way around that except if you create the weather effect via a special effect instead of an actual weather effect.

Level 20
The problem is that you can only have one rain effect created in each region at the same time.

You must destroy the old weather effect and create a new one. Turning the old one off is not sufficient. This will create a significant lag, though. No way around that except if you create the weather effect via a special effect instead of an actual weather effect.

i see, but what if i draw a region the size of the entire map and add another region on top of it where i use the effect on?

Level 5
Here are 2 example triggers + attached test map. I hope it is what you wanted.

• Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Light)
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Set WS_1 = (Last created weather effect)
      • Set WS = 1
      • Trigger - Turn on Trigger 2 <gen>
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • WS Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Turn WS_1 Off
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Environment - Remove WS_1
          • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
          • Set WS_2 = (Last created weather effect)
          • Set WS = 2
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • WS Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Environment - Turn WS_2 Off
              • Wait 1.00 seconds
              • Environment - Remove WS_2
              • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Light)
              • Set WS = 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Attachments

• Test Map for LordPerenoldeII.w3x
    11.8 KB · Views: 40
Level 20
So you said this works to you, right? I'd swear i saw something like this regarding variables on another thread, and the problem was solved by simply putting a Wait x.xx seconds in between the variables activation. Perhaps that's what i missed! I'll let you know, in the mean time +rep.

Level 5
So you said this works to you, right? I'd swear i saw something like this regarding variables on another thread, and the problem was solved by simply putting a Wait x.xx seconds in between the variables activation. Perhaps that's what i missed! I'll let you know, in the mean time +rep.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you read my signature?! Oh well, thank you. :)

P.S. It works without the waits as well. I just added them to let the 1st effect finish before removing it and starting the 2nd.

Edit: Final Update:

• Trigger 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set WS = 2
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • WS Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
          • Set WS = 2
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • WS Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set WS = 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Attachments

• Test Map for LordPerenoldeII.w3x
    11.7 KB · Views: 37
Level 20
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you read my signature?! Oh well, thank you. :)

P.S. It works without the waits as well. I just added them to let the 1st effect finish before removing it and starting the 2nd.

Edit: Final Update:

• Trigger 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set WS = 2
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • WS Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set WS = 2
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • WS Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set WS = 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

OH NOOOO!! -_- i saw that before but wasn't paying attention the moment i gave you. sorry. Who knows how many people could have given you and didn't because of that, and here am i. -_- kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.