• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spell Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hei, i want to create Kamehameha trigger for my map but when i test it. there is the bug:
- When I cast the spell the kamehameha move towards 360 degrees, and always like that.
- when my spell hit the enemy,my spell doesn't damage the enemy.
- when I cast the spell. It's can damage the caster self.
Does this trigger below is true?

• Kamehameha
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Kamehameha
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering Unit)
      • Set Point[1] = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Point[2] = (Target Point of Ability being cast)
      • Set Point[3] = (Point[1] offset by 150 towards angle between Point[1] to Point[2]
      • Unit - Pause Caster
      • Animation - Play Caster's Spell Slam Animation
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Freezing Ringas for owner of caster at Point[3] facing angle between Point[1] to Point[2]
      • Unit - Kill Last Created Unit
      • Unit - Create 1 Kamehameha Ball for owner of caster at Point[3] facing angle between Point[1] to Point[2]
      • Set Dummy = Last Created Unit
      • Unit - Add 5.00 Generic Expiration timer for Dummy
      • Animation - Change Dummy's size to (1500.00%, 1500.00, 1500.00) of it original size.
      • Trigger - Turn on Kamehameha Loop
  • Kamehameha Ball
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • set Point[4] = Position of Dummy with offset 30.00 towards angle between Point[1] to Point[2]
      • Unit - Move Dummy to Point[4]
      • Unit - Unpause Caster
      • Unit Group - Pick Every unit within 300 range of Dummy matching Picked Unit is belong to ally of owner of Caster equal to false and Picked Unit is belong to enemy of owner of Caster equal to true and Picked Unit is alive equal to true
        • Loop Actions
          • - Unit - Kill Dummy
          • - Unit - Cause Caster to damage picked unit, Dealing (Real(4 x Int of Caster Including Bonuses)) damage of attack type Hero and Damage type Normal
      • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions):
        • If - Conditions:
          • - Dummy is Dead
        • Then - Actions:
          • - Create 1 Almagest for owner of caster at position of Dummy facing default building facing degrees.
          • - Unit - Kill Last Created Unit
          • Else - (Actions):
      • call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])
      • call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[2])
      • call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[3])
      • call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[4])
      • call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
Please tell me

Level 5
If the missile is moving to the right all the time then it is probably because you are removing the points you use to calculate the angle during the periodic trigger.

Also, for group enums such as this: " Unit Group - Pick Every unit within 300 range of Dummy matching Picked Unit is belong to ally of owner of Caster equal to false and Picked Unit is belong to enemy of owner of Caster equal to true and Picked Unit is alive equal to true"

I believe you are supposed to use "matched unit" instead of "picked unit" when selecting the units, and then "picked unit" when trying to do things to them (like damage them).

Also, you unpause on every iteration of your periodic trigger, which can cause other things that pause your unit to break.
Also, you never turn off the periodic trigger.

Level 13
Originaly posted by Halo7568
Also, you never turn off the periodic trigger.

About it I already fix it, but I forgot to repair in this Post. for other things, thanks

Originaly posted by mckill2009
like I said, post the map

If you want to know, I'm new in this site. I don't know how to post the map.

Originaly posted by Halo7568
If the missile is moving to the right all the time then it is probably because you are removing the points you use to calculate the angle during the periodic trigger.

Also, for group enums such as this: " Unit Group - Pick Every unit within 300 range of Dummy matching Picked Unit is belong to ally of owner of Caster equal to false and Picked Unit is belong to enemy of owner of Caster equal to true and Picked Unit is alive equal to true"

I believe you are supposed to use "matched unit" instead of "picked unit" when selecting the units, and then "picked unit" when trying to do things to them (like damage them).

Thanks it realy" work

Status
Not open for further replies.