• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show Gear on The_Witcher's Equipment System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Using > http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7/?prev=search=equipment%20system&d=list&r=20

Id like to create a command, -gear, that will show the selected heroes gear because you cant (afaik). Ive created a -gear trigger, but the problem is, how would i obtain what the icon is for the item? i can get the item but not the ability. Would i have to index them all? This is basically what ive started with

EquipmentItem[GetEquippedItemTypeId(pp, 2)].abilities[1]

but it always returns null

You can definitely do this with some table or you can do another trick. On each ability, edit its field Sound - Effect Sound (Looping), by Shift + Clicking. First off, double click on the ability's Art - Icon - Normal and copy the "Custom" field. Go the Sound field I talked about and paste it.

Then, you can retrieve it as
local string s = GetAbilitySoundById (GetSpellAbilityId(), ConvertSoundType (1)))

An example (made in GUI though, but you get the idea) is here:

Attachments

• Test153.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 85
Level 19
I believe that you are unfamilliar with the equipment system....

rather than inventory, it gives you dummy abilities that show what your gear is. these can be achieved by taking items and clicking them, and they go to your inventory. What i understood about your thing is you copy the field of the icon and paste it into the sound , but i dont have the ability i want to get the ability that the equipment system registered as the icon for that item

Level 19
Hmmmm... Why not just make whoever type -gear select the dummy unit in which the items are "equipped"?

Your previous try doesn't work I think because the abilities are saved in another struct which uses linked list and not a simple array...

Meh i was thinking of this. The problem was if you selected it and it wasnt yours you wouldnt be able to see the abilities unless you changed the unit owner of the equipment to the triggering player and re-do it when the player uses the inventory ability, which will run into complications

yes ik they use a linked list i just want to know how to get the values from that list lol

Status
Not open for further replies.