• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Rubick Spell steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
  • Get Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spell Steal
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Ability[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)))] to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Ability[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)))] for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Ability[(Player number of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)))] for (Triggering unit))
so this is basic trigger for spell steal. can you please help me make it like rubick's in Dota

the variable I made is an ability variable with an array of 4 is that right?

Level 33
The spell idea is basic, however the triggering is not, not at all.

It requires proper data handling/saving/loading, I will use Hashtable for this method, I always wanted to recreate Rubick's ultimate, Spell Steal but never got the time.

I think you have to use Hashtable on this for saving data on every Hero cast spell.

You can't achieve this ability with that kind of basic trigger you have there.

I'll try to create this spell though but I can't say when it's gonna complete and this will truly tests my Hashtable skills :p

Level 33
Yes, apparently we have to save each Player Hero-control unit last ability casted so that we can refer to it later, that's why I said it needs a proper data handling (hashtable) instead basic trigger that he did on post #1.

Assuming that everybody has one hero then the above is all you need, if everybody has multiple heros isn't not very hard to put every hero into an array, have their last casted spell in the array, then when the a unit is targetted by the ability, find the unit in the index and take it's ability, it's really quite a simple thing to do, just a bit pedantic

Status
Not open for further replies.