• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Retrieve the buff used by an ability ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Can I , using Jass, retrieve what buff is used by a specific ability ?

Example:

Ability X uses buff Y. Y is the buff shown when the ability is casted on a unit

Can I get Y without using globals for Y when X is a global/available value ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

store the buff ID's in a hashtable for each spell, and then check if the unit has the buff or not.
Yes, that is exactly what I would like to aim for :)

I already have so many things to manually store in globals, I hoped I can retrieve the buff directly from the ability somehow.

I assume it is the same story for ability orders ?

Yeah. It is the same way with most object editor data.

Basically, if you want to be able to retrieve some unit-type's data, you would have to store it in a hashtable (with the unit-type as one of the keys). Sadly there isn't an easier way to do it, it is a manual process.

There might have been some utilities in the past to help with this (e.g. one by PurplePoot/BoboTheKodo on wc3c, and perhaps GMSI on wc3c?), but I haven't tried them. Usually you only need to enter it for the characters/spells you actually use in your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.