• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not asking for technical help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
The story is quite simple: I've made an equipment system, but it's messy and I'm gonna rewrite it.

So, what should I incorporate that I don't already have in it?
Current system is attached.

Attachments

• Hashtestv0.05.w3x
    25.6 KB · Views: 58
Level 7
Hey,
found a bug.
If you have a full wc3 inventory (6 items) and try to unequip one item of your system, it is missing.
It's not dropped at your location and it's not in your inventory.

You should add at least two different things.
1. A better unequip way, shorter text, maybe a spellbook with spells for faster unequipment,...

2. Information about your equipped items, what are all the items doing? I mean if you equipped one item and play 10 minutes you can't know what this item is doing, if another is better or whatever.

Level 21
Thanks for showing the bug. I think I already know how to fix it now.

About unequipping, I've thought about making a hidden hero with spellbooks that contain an ability for unequipping anything.
The reason why I haven't done this is that it would make setting up the trigger much harder. I could do it, but could everyone?

About information, yeah, that's a good idea, although complicated. I haven't yet figured out a way to show stats(or description) in a multiboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.