• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help making this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, I have most of the trigger done but there are two problems.

1. I'm guessing this is because of the graphic I use, but when it is killed it scars the map with a graphic. It can be walked through, and it does nothing but scar the map.

2. When I use the Queue Animation action, it waits 'till about 2 seconds after the unit is created to actually play the animation.

• PlayerCastsForceShield
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Force Shield
    • Actions
      • -------- Make Force Field --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Force Shield for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • -------- Pretty Up --------
      • Sound - Play Sentry_ForceFieldLaunch <gen>
      • Animation - Queue (Last created unit)'s birth animation
      • Animation - Queue (Last created unit)'s stand animation
      • -------- Check --------
The graphic I'm using is Epsilon's SC2 Force Field. A third problem that I'm not really worried about but would like to fix is it skips over the sound being played occasionally. I am, however, sure that this is just limitations with the Editor.

Is there possibly something like Hyper Triggers like in SC1 that can fix some of these problems?

Edit: The force fields do go away, but they last a very long time.

Last edited:
Level 12
1) yeah, its probably because of the effect model itself

2)I guess you should make the first animation as Set Unit animation rather than queue...

...Heh. Never thought of that, sorry I don't know triggers that much. xD
That pretty much fixed it.

Try making a second trigger that removes the force field from the game when it dies.

I could make the remove in the first trigger. But the problem with that is that I'd have to make a hashtable or something that stores ever single force field made, and their timer, and do something that'll remove each individual one when that timer is up...

If I don't do that, and instead use last created unit, it'll skip like every 5 force fields.

It is either that, or something that I am very CLEARLY missing. I wouldn't be surprised, I do that a lot and when it comes to WC3 triggers I'm clueless...

Status
Not open for further replies.