• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Need assistance with two things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello I am using someones system from the spell(s) section. The following link is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/ultimate-hero-pick-system-2-0-0-4-vjass-206059/

What I am asking is if someone that's kind enough to explain to me how to add a "Repick" and "All Random" function as I don't know how to read Jass to the slightest. Thanks if you're kind enough to do this for me.

P.S: I hope this is the right section, I couldn't make up my mind of where to post it.

- Credit will go towards the creator of the System almost entirely, as well as the user assisting me with this, for aiding in modifying it towards my map.

Cheers

Last edited:
Level 12
I am really not sure how to implement "-ar" and "-repick" without modifying the system itself, also not sure about it is allowed to edit someone else's system without permission.

Level 4
I am really not sure how to implement "-ar" and "-repick" without modifying the system itself, also not sure about it is allowed to edit someone else's system without permission.

The creator is still receiving full credit for the system. I am modifying it for personal use, not for any type of gain. Plus he hasn't been on in about 3 months so I can't exactly ask. Credits still go to him, that would be like saying I can't add another level to a spell without one(s) permission. If a mod says otherwise I will gladly take down the post but until then I'll keep fishing for assistance as I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong nor am I monetizing anything from modifying this user(s) system. Also I am taking zero credit on my project for the system. So..

EDIT: Also yes I am also assumptive towards the fact the actual system would need modification.

Level 12
Well okay, I will change if you still didn't find a solution when I get back to my pc.

Level 4
Well okay, I will change if you still didn't find a solution when I get back to my pc.

"Change" as in assist me in this request? That would be wonderful and credit would go towards you for assisting, noted on my Project. However, main credits for the system will still go to the creator of it.

Thanks!

Level 12
Can you test this

"-ar" for all random
"-repick" for repick

Attachments

• UHPS 2.0.0.4 (vJass).w3x
    80 KB · Views: 37
Level 4
I will test it shortly, I'll be back home soon. Thanks :)

EDIT: Thank you this works well, however could you possibly make it to limit the repick function to once per player as well as only one "All random" command enabled, because I'm able to use the functions continuously - see example for more info if you don't understand what I mean.

E.G:
Player (1) Red enters chat string: -ar
All random function enabled.
Player (1) Red enters chat string: -ar
Repeat no disturbance in commands.

TLDR: You're able to type -ar repeatedly on the player Red (assuming that's whom you locked the AR command to.) Aswell as the -repick function.

What I would like gracefully: Only one repick choice per player, only one -AR mode to be enabled permanently. (By player 0/1 [red]).

Thank you sir!

Last edited:
Level 12
-ar can only be activated once, and only in first 5 seconds of the game
-repick limit

What I am not sure is, what happens when player 1 types "-ar" while another player is looking at hero selection menu.

Attachments

• UHPS 2.0.0.4 (vJass).w3x
    80.5 KB · Views: 73
Level 4
-ar can only be activated once, and only in first 5 seconds of the game
-repick limit

What I am not sure is, what happens when player 1 types "-ar" while another player is looking at hero selection menu.

Would there be a way to disable hero selection for the first 15 seconds of the game? To give red time to use AR and such

EDIT: Perhaps a way to disable the cinematic button (ESC) for the first 15 seconds? (Not sure if this is possible just an idea.)

Also, this is looking very good I don't know how you're creating these functions I asked for but they work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.