• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Music looping delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm using custom music in my map, and I want the same track to loop indefinitely. All the research I have done indicates that the trigger Sound - Play Music will loop the song... but it doesn't. Therefore, I have done as several sources have suggested and set up a trigger that looks something like this:

• Sound - Play (music)
  • Wait - (length of (music))
  • Trigger - Run (this trigger) (Checking conditions)
Which allows the music to loop. However, for some reason, once the song has ended there is a massive delay (several minutes) before it begins again, leaving the map in silence for quite some time. My question for you is this: What is causing the delay, and, more importantly, how may it be removed so that the music loops continually without stopping?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Make sure to play your music on the music channel and not the sound channel. Nothing irritates players more than having to hear the same song again and again while playing with the only way of stopping it being to stop all sound.

Wait - (length of (music))
TriggerSleepAction is inaccurate. The delay reported could be a result of that.

I also think the way WC3 processes music is such that it does not allow flawless looping. This would be because the music system might first buffer a couple of seconds worth of sound so that file I/O does not degrade performance.

Thanks, PurgeandFire, the problem was indeed the same as in that thread. The problem has been identified (wrong bitrate) and solved.

And the music is indeed playing on the music channel, so you needn't worry about that :)

Out of curiosity, what was the bit rate before and what did you set it to in order to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.