• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiboard Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making a minigame like map based on Star Wars VI's battle of Endor. I'm only using the world editor for like 5-6 months and I never made a multiboard and thats the problem. I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH THE MULTIBOARD! I made a multiboard by myself with some tutorials but it doesn't work. It shows the board but the problem is that the kill counter doesn't work. So I need someone who is pro in these things and CAN HELP ME MAKE THE MULTIBOARD COUNTER! It would be really cool if you can help. :D (if you want I send you the map and we can work together ;) )

-BallGoo

(don't call me a spammer if you see this in the off-topic cause I accidently posted it in the wrong place)

Level 16
Ok, here is what you must do. We create an integer variable named 'Kills', 'Kill_Count' or 'Death_Count' whatever name you need.

The we need to update this integer when a unit is killed with this event:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
But take care that this event will fire the trigger when any unit dies, so it is important to add condition or make this event

• Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
Do you understand so far ?

Level 2
Ok, here is what you must do. We create an integer variable named 'Kills', 'Kill_Count' or 'Death_Count' whatever name you need.

The we need to update this integer when a unit is killed with this event:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
But take care that this event will fire the trigger when any unit dies, so it is important to add condition or make this event

• Events
Do you understand so far ?

yes. the action with the change text is the problem and there are 2 types of monsters that counts as a kill in one type. I mean if you kill an ewok you get 1 point to ewok kills. and if you kill a wicket you get a score to ewok kills too

Level 16
This is very simple example, but if you need more than 2 types then it is better to use array variable but lets stay on 2 types for now, here:

• Kill Counter
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ghoul
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Kills_Type_A = (Kills_Type_A + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to (String(Kills_Type_A))
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Abomination
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Kills_Type_B = (Kills_Type_B + 1)
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 2 to (String(Kills_Type_B))
            • Else - Actions

Level 16
We will make the integer variable Kills_Type_A and Kills_Type_B an array variables.

Then we will refer to the multi-board row count using another integer variable corresponding to the owner of the killing unit. That integer variable, lets say i will be the index of the variables Kills_Type_A and Kills_Type_B.

But to set the right values you will need an Initialization trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.