• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Meele/Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Please elaborate more, I can't understand exactly what you need. I don't know the "DoTA's Troll Warlod" since I don't play dota. If you want to change the unit's attack range then use an ability with no effect, and create an upgrade that increases the range of the units by X. Add to the unit "Upgrades Used" the new created upgrade. Then go to triggers and it should be like this:
  • Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Range
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Range for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Range Upgrade to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Range for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Range Upgrade to 2 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            • Else - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Range Upgrade to 3 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
I don't know if it's this what you want.

Level 14
Sadly there is no way to detect when someone put in mode auto cast with triggers so you can not do that(but it would have been cool if it was possible).
And I do not know the Dota troll warlord as I have never played this mod.
Edit: I made an error I am stupid do not read what I said I forgot the activation order.
Read what Dat-C3 said.

Last edited:
Yeah you can do this easily, just detect the order of the autocast ability then move or create the new dummy unit/hero with increased range while hiding the original then same thing back and fourth.

You need dummy units because they're better to use then 4000 upgrades.
I'll even give you the method to detect this since the guy above me doesn't know as well.

[trigger=]
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(healon))
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: test success

[/trigger]

To detect when it is turned off you would do healoff. Same goes for every other autocast spell, you don't detect them by spell events however you can use order events.

Status
Not open for further replies.