• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Make spell spawn dummy units AFTER it's missile hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I made this spell. It's based on Acid Bomb. I want it to spawn several dummy units after the missile hits. Currently they spawn as soon as my unit casts the ability. I tried using the wait function to change this but then the dummies don't appear at all. I also need a way to make the dummies disappear.
  • acid
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Blast
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 2 Acid for Player 1 (Red) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 100.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
(I know Player 1 is the wrong thing here, but I think I can fix this one myself)
Also, is there a way to make the spell able to be cast on terrain? I edited it's Targets Allowed but it still says I must target a unit.

Level 28
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/physical-damage-detection-gui-v1-3-0-0-a-231846/

You can work from the OnDamage Trigger to add the dummies.
To make them disappear, do Unit - Add a X.XX Expiration Timer to your Unit (mostly Triggering Unit)

This time I was right with linking a DDS :<

In the past, I used dummy units instead of missiles, moved by a periodic trigger into a certain direction and the Unit Dies Event in a separate trigger which is complicated for your needs (and probably obsolete) to trigger such an event.

As for your second concern, just base it off Carrion Swarm, Crushing Wave or Silence.

Level 2
Use a missile system.
Only a few missile abilities in WC3 are supposed to be cast on terrain.

With a proper missile system, you can also detect when the missile hits the target and have it as an event for another trigger.

I tried implementing your missile system into my map, but I got these errors when trying to enable the Basic Functions and CMS System triggers.
Meth3tp.png

FWLImoB.png

I made sure the dummy units and abilities are set to proper values.
Any idea how to fix this?

Level 2
You have to download JNGP 2.0 which comes with many more features and other stuff.
You also have to save the map each time before testing it.

Thanks, I got it to work.
I've been trying some things with the system and I'm not sure if doing what I want to do is possible with it. I need the projectile to explode exactly at the target location.

Anyway, here is a gif of how the spell looks. I want the acid bubbles on the ground to appear after the projectile hits.
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPjzovJ2j6sHaXC/giphy.gif

Last edited:
Level 24
My missile system doesnt exactly have a method to check if it hits a specific location... basically because of 2 reasons:
1, There is literally 0 use for it.
2, It is horrible to code.

Instead of doing it like you expect, you set the starting angle to the angle between the starting location and the target location and you set the maxDistance to the distance between those points. (Be aware that you cannot use the "StartingLocation" variable after the missile creation custom script because it is removed and nulled.)

(Gif doesn't work.)

Level 7
If you want a lazy way you could just go

Start effect of ability
Ability = spell
add event (target unit of ability) takes damage to trigger 2

Trigger 2

Check the source of damage
Summon the untis

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Sphere is a passive ability and is invisible to the UI. It is naturally found on the Blood Mage. It is responsible for the floating spheres above the Mage's head and for the missiles that are created whenever he casts an ability. An ability which is, otherwise, instant has to wait for the missile to hit its mark before the effect of the ability can start.

Level 7
Sphere is a passive ability and is invisible to the UI. It is naturally found on the Blood Mage. It is responsible for the floating spheres above the Mage's head and for the missiles that are created whenever he casts an ability. An ability which is, otherwise, instant has to wait for the missile to hit its mark before the effect of the ability can start.

Thanks, I never knew what it really did besides the floaty sphere things. So I assume the missile art and speedcan be changed to anything and used to animate spells. Well this would be perfect for this and such a simple solution.

Level 2
Thanks for the new answers. I've been away for a while.
I think this will be the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.