• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level Info data missing or invalid????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually this is a sign of map corruption. I think I had it happen to me when my computer crashed while I was saving the map.

Navigate to your warcraft III folder and look under: "Warcraft III/Maps/Test". Warcraft III automatically copies the most recent map you tested in the editor into this folder, so hopefully it has a working backup of it. If so, open it in the editor and make a backup of it!

Otherwise, if you are using JassNewGenPack, check the jassnewgenpack/backups/ folder (as Adiktuz said).

If not, you should attach the map here and see if anyone can salvage anything from it. Sadly, if it comes down to this case, you'll usually have to restart the map from scratch. :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try using MPQEdit it is the best MPQ editor out there by far (and is open source).

If you still cannot open it then yeh, its gone forever. Unless you use Windows 7 and the drive has shadow copies enabled on that volume in which case just right click and say restore to a previous version on the map.

If you are starting new you may want to look into StarCraft II. It can do a lot of stuff WC3 cannot and is not that hard to mod once you are used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.