• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I have search for all jump systems in the section. However, I couldn't find a system that enable the unit to jump forward with just simply clicking a hotkey button. All of the ones that are in the spell section requires the player to select the area.

It is like you press -J- then the unit jumps forward with a limited distance and height.

Level 22
You can just edit them by yourself. I mean use one of those that you've found in spell section then move the caster to certain distance (caster's location by offset bla bla bla) instead of moving the caster to target point and change the custom ability to instant target one.

Level 37
Using my system, it would work like this

Unit starts the effect of an ability
Ability being cast == your ability

Set u = Triggering unit
Set real = Facing angle of u / 180 * Pi
Custom script: call Jump.start(udg_u, GetUnitX(udg_u) + 500*Cos(udg_real), GetUnitY(udg_u) + 500*Sin(udg_real), 150, 0.6, 80)

500 is the distance, 150 is the maximum height of the jump, 0.6 is the duration and 80 is gravity value. You can change those freely. You need JNGP editor to use the jump system.

Level 15
You can just edit them by yourself. I mean use one of those that you've found in spell section then move the caster to certain distance (caster's location by offset bla bla bla) instead of moving the caster to target point and change the custom ability to instant target one.

How do I edit the offset of the caster location? Mind, explaining?

Level 22
In Paladon's or hell gate's jump system, i forgot which one. The basic is pretty much like this:
Point1 = Position of Caster
Point2 = Target point of ability
Point3 = Point1 by offset ... facing angles between point1 to point3

for my trick, you have to change the point2 to a fixed range. let's say you want your unit to jump for 500 range. change it to "Point2 = Point1 by offset 500 facing (facing angle of caster). so the caster will move to Point2. Change the custom ability to instant cast as well so the caster will move as soon as you click the hotkey button. Thing that isn't solved yet is I don't really know how to configure the height.

Maker's system is much easier and simple, to be honest. Just use his instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.