• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Importing difficulty levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Try these.

Store the difficulty:

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Difficulty level) Equal to Easy
    • Then - Actions
      • Game Cache - Store 0 as 0 of Difficulty in (Last created game cache)
    • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Difficulty level) Equal to Normal
        • Then - Actions
          • Game Cache - Store 1 as 0 of Difficulty in (Last created game cache)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game Cache - Store 2 as 0 of Difficulty in (Last created game cache)

Load and set the difficulty:

• Custom script: call SetGameDifficulty(ConvertGameDifficulty(GetStoredInteger(bj_lastCreatedGameCache, "Difficulty", "0")))

Look for a game cache tutorial.

Level 20
Add an option dialogue in each map that allows you to set the difficulty.
Isn't there a "change difficulty" option when you get the defeat message?

Of course there is. Is there a way to set that even after victory??
And yeah, now that i managed to carry-over difficulty level in this way i think i'll try to implement the option dialogue box, as i was trying to do in the first place.
I'll be in touch for updates. In the mean time if any of you has any other idea, feel free to share.

EDIT: on the contrary, this will force me to completely remove selectable diff level pre-campaign, but who cares. As long as difficulty can still be chosen in this way...

Level 25
Okay, tested around in a test campaign.
Play the first map and type win

The difficulty will reset back to the CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY YOU HAVE SELECTED FOR THE ORIGINAL CAMPAIGNS. So if you have selected hard in the original campaigns, it will revert to hard.

So I guess you have to tell people to select the normal/hard difficulty in the campaign screen before playing your campaign through the custom campaigns screen :D

Also.. I managed to get a really wierd bug, in map two, if you click the Menu->Escape->Menu after the game difficulty is displayed, you can get yourself a disconnect. In a single player game.

Attachments

• DzDifficultyTest.w3n
    673.3 KB · Views: 77
  • SinglePlayer.png
    SinglePlayer.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.