• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a good way to find out how much armor the spelltarget has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Does someone here know a good way to find out how much armor a specific unit has?
I want to make some abilities that increase/decrease armor based on its current value like +20% armor for X seconds or something.
Is there someone that knows an efficient way of getting to know the amount of armor a unit has?

Level 19
I always heard from friends that are way more experienced with vJASS and triggers overall that using WEU has some downsides and I even heard stories that using those 'extra functions' can corrupt your map.
I'm 100% sure I once saw a function somewere in vJASS or JASS (I personally don't know the difference;-)) that checked the armor of a unit (by creating a dummy unit that attacks it and calculates the armor by checking how much of the damage got through?? Is that possible?) but I can't remember where and can't find it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.