• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hero must steal gold from gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im making a map where your hero is a thief that can steel gold from a house (gold mine with house moddel). He is supposed to go inside, be there for a few seconds and come out. Itt all sounds easy but i cant get it to work.

I used the Human harvest ability and got it to be in there for 10 seconds, but i dont want him to have to drop it ad a house, or go back inside again.

Please help me. And before u posed anything try it out. You will see that a lot of things just dont works...

Level 11
Use a dummy ability, which works only on structures. Then, when your thief casts it, hide it for a couple of seconds, and then unhide it and give it the gold. Of course, you will also have to validate the spell so that it can be cast on certain structures and you will have to make the unit come out if the structure is destroyed of course. Give more information please, about the structure, target of the spell.

~Daelin

Level 1
Hmm, i didnt want to use a trigger, but if that is the only way... thanks but if enyone knows a way to avoid the trigger (wich i will use, so thank you ), tell me please.

The building is just a goldmine but with this trigger i can use an other building. I just used the city building moddel to make it look if u stole it from a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.