• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero HP Max Buff/Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, so I'm looking to create an ability based off of like Khadgar's Gem of Health, so I can have an ability that raises the max hp of the hero.

When I try using this ability, It works for level one, but on any proceeding level it just doesn't. I just need to know whether or not I need triggers for this. or if it just won't work.

Item abilities can not have more levels than 1. Or, rather, they can, but all consecutive levels will be bugged.

However, there is a weird bug with the health item ability that allows setting the health of a unit freely:

You basicly set up level 1 to grant 0 life.
Then you set level 2 to grant -1 life.

If you apply the ability to the unit, set it to level 2 and then remove it, the unit will have permanently gained 1 life.

You can then create a simple loop that just adds/removes this ability until you have the life you want.

For effectivity reasons, I'd add some more levels with more negative health so that you don't have to loop a thousand times if you want to set the life to +1000.

But, I highly recommend you using this instead:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-418/system-bonus-mod-setunitmaxstate-65622/

It basicly handles all that.

Level 4
Okay, so what else do you suggest I do with the ability I want to make? Make it a one level ulti (of sorts)? Basically it's going to be added to a tanky/buff char. Where He get's it as his absolute final abil, and it raises the HP max my whatev I had set the final level of the origin abil at?

I really don't want to use something I really don't understand at the moment XD

Last edited:
Level 12
You can use the ability that manual of health has. It is an item that increases max HP permanently. You can change the amount on that item and give him the item each time you level the ability. If you make the item model 'bugger' or something, you can hide the animation.

Okay, so what else do you suggest I do with the ability I want to make? Make it a one level ulti (of sorts)? Basically it's going to be added to a tanky/buff char. Where He get's it as his absolute final abil, and it raises the HP max my whatev I had set the final level of the origin abil at?

I really don't want to use something I really don't understand at the moment XD
It's not that hard; just drop the system in your map and use SetUnitMaxState to increase the life.

Level 4
Eh, but I've got something that will work, without bug abusing. See my post in request about general questions, you'll see how I handled the abil.
And thanks anyway. It's helpful to have already working system readily available, but I think it would be to my advantage to do most stuff by scratch so I can learn to be a better map maker anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.