• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hard problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

I want a skill that calls a helicopter which are flying around the map but it shall not be clickable (because i can give the helicopter an order like move, patrol etc.)
if i give locust to it, it is unclickable, so for spells,too. But there is a spell to shoot a rocket to a helicopter.... this is so fucking hard to do....

the owner shall just not be able to give the helicopter an order like move, patrol etc. because it shall move to random points...but the helicopter shall be clickable for a spell (anti air rocket)

I hope anyone knows a way

Oh, and every player (10 players) can call one helicopter

Level 17
but why dont make non target anti air rockets and with trigger u check if around u have enemy helicopter or no, because i guess still work the unit order unit action on locust unit.

another side u can make a trigger when somebody select helicopter then clear player selection then dont need locust

something like this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units currently selected by (Triggering player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Flying Machine
            • Then - Actions
              • Selection - Remove (Picked unit) from selection for (Triggering player)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)

Level 17
1. create a helicopter in model editor

2. give it locust

3. give it the ability "phenix fire" or whatever it was called

4. give it the ability "wander"

edit some of the attributes of these abilities like the phenix fire interval and projectile type etc etc

5. go read some tutorials ffs

Check out this thread:
The Warcraft 3 Ability Guide

And scroll down to Aloc (Locust).
There is a way to make locust units targetable but not selectable.
Also, it is possible to control locust units with JASS (and should be with most GUI functions aswell). If you are referring to Set Unit Position, you should use the SetUnitX() and SetUnitY() functions instead. These also disregard unit move speed and pathing (Set Unit Position doesn't work if unit move speed is 0 or the unit is a building).

Level 4
@shadowvzs:

I did it already with the clear selection....but it has a 0.1 second delay....so if anyone is fast with clicking can click on the helicopter and give it an order....
So i was able to give him an order

And i cant do the area target spell like you said because the helicopter is fast...and its hard to hit it with a area skill....

Status
Not open for further replies.