• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detecting Damage and Damage Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
BTW I found a way to detect damage ^^ But it is very complicated I use bribes damage detection system. I changed the system so it always checks 0-1.5 damage = Single Target spell damage 1.51 - 3.00 = AOE and DOT Spelldamage, 3.01 - 4.00 = Normal Skill damage, < 4.00 = Normal Attack damage.

For example I want to create a DOT (Damage over Time) it´s very hard there to detect the damage and also be able to change it for example it shouldnt only deal damage by 50, I want to customize it that it deals damage by 40 - 60. So I take Unholy Frenzy and set the damage to 1.51

I trigger
A)
DamageFirstEvent = 1.00 (I put it between the DamageModifierEvent and DamageEvent)

If damage = 1.51
and DamageSource = Hero[1]

Set Spelldamage[1] = Random number between 40 - 60

B)

DamageModifierEvent = 1.00

If Damage 1.51 - 3.00 blablablablablabla

Set DamageEventAmount = Spelldamage[Playernumber of Owner of DamageSource]

It works perfectly and I think skilled Mapmakers will understand how my system works, I can also customize Critical Strikes, Evasion, Resist, Block, etc.

I know this is not a question, I only wanted to post it to help you creating your maps with DDS, feel free to ask questions and to discuss my System.

Status
Not open for further replies.