• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage for Spell as "Attack"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1st Request) Well you got it right, I wan't a trigger so when my character earns DAMAGE or INTELLIGENCE hers/his spell earns more DMG (and his mana increases if intelligent too ofc). Well I wan't that cuz in my game the characters doesn't haves attack but spell so when they battle an enemy they use spells and they attack with a spell which has no cooldown and not much mana.. well you earn a rep and w/e else i can do for you if you help me on this.

2nd Request) Okay, what I wan't as 2nd request is that could you please tell me a way to make it so when my hero learns spells they go in my spellbook which has about 10 slots and not my main skills thingy (Where you find Attack-Hold-Patrol etc. of a Hero/Unit)?

3rd Request) Last, could you please make it so Player 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 (Not 1 and 12) have their camera LOCKED on their first hero?

How to give me the Trigger(s): Just make a map and I will copy it from your map and paste it on mine, thank you alot for your attettionn..

Level 4
Note that: For 1st Request - I wan't Intelligence/Normal Damage (items/spells which gives me addinational dmg or w/e) for Spell Damage ->ONLY<- for this 1 spell not all spells I have in the map, and don't tell me to just put more levels on the attack, my system is weird that can not hold such stuff.

Level 17
for that only way i think the make a trigger or use Damage Engine (Damage Detection System)
then u can fully set the damage or just do this

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
if u put all ability what u want learn later to spellbook but disable it at map start and add to hero a dummy spell what just like like original

like this
  • Player - Disable Battle Roar for Player 1 (Red)
then check if dummy ability level is 1 and if yes then remove it and enable original

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Dummy Battle Roar for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Dummy Battle Roar from (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Enable Battle Roar for (Triggering player)
i dont think this simple thing needed map (disable/enable ability is at player action), condition ability level is at integer unit level ability, remove ability at unit action

Bro, your attitude is not good you know, he tried to help you and that's all you can say?

also, he cannot really give you a map where you can simply copy-waste and viola it works, because the systems that you want are kinda specific to your map...

and have you tried using search button or googling or browsing the tutorials?

and seriously, copy-paste is a bad idea because you won't learn... and these things are like what he said,
shadowvzs said:
i dont think this simple thing needed map

Level 4
i hope someone gives me a map with this please and my attitude is very fine i give rep's out for free while other ppl are like "Give you rep? No fuck" the man above just didnt answered the request i actually wanted i still need help on this thnx and please dont be so complex (Advise not Insult) last please fix your attitude you talk to me like im a piece of shit or bored ass while all i do is requesting your help :( if you dont want just dont help me life is in your own hand its fine aslong as you dont try to critism or insult other people with your bad attitude and lets not start chatting here if you want anything else just pm me all i do now is wishing to have a map with this trigger sir

Level 4
yes thanks to him please dont open chat i need the map.. - if they want rep they could just reply if someone doesnt gives a damn he/she couldnt thats all

Level 19
yes thanks to him please dont open chat i need the map.. - if they want rep they could just reply if someone doesnt gives a damn he/she couldnt thats all

Having people do stuff for you isn't how this site works. You go here to get help on a subject you dont know. you dont just get lazy and go "hey can someone do these systems for me please" . . . be lucky that he even answered you

Level 4
man thats what i request and if they help i just give em rep thats all and im not lazy i have alot of things to do.. i am just noob at scripts thats all and i dont wanna learn i only want your help ppl..

Level 19
man thats what i request and if they help i just give em rep thats all and im not lazy i have alot of things to do.. i am just noob at scripts thats all and i dont wanna learn i only want your help ppl..

if you dont want to learn and you have other things to do, map developing isnt what you should be doing :vw_sleep:

Level 13
Note that: For 1st Request - I wan't Intelligence/Normal Damage (items/spells which gives me addinational dmg or w/e) for Spell Damage ->ONLY<- for this 1 spell not all spells I have in the map, and don't tell me to just put more levels on the attack, my system is weird that can not hold such stuff.

make a variable(should be a real variable, since that's what we use when calculating damage).

start it off as a value of 0.0

now each point of intelligence the hero may have, you may increase that value by whatever amount you desire, and for the items/spells that add to it, just add to that same integer. remember to subtract, if necessary...
when you go to use that 1 spell and make it do damage, use that variable to deal the damage.

what might be best though is calculate the variable when you do the spell. i'm not sure. i don't know more than you about the development of your map. it's always like this, people don't know more than you about your own map. so it's pointless to ask us to do it for you, sometimes, as you'll just redo it anyway.

Level 4
if you dont want to learn and you have other things to do, map developing isnt what you should be doing :vw_sleep:

man stop trying to make me look an asshole i am already one anyways im a little lazy ass who cant move his hand for shit yes i accept i just made this request and i hope someone helps me stop this converstation now please and thanks for the bumping but if such bump then dont even - Still awaiting for the map..

and mr sankaku if u want ill give you in a new map the spell i am talking about ... if u accept that so i will also ask you if its possible to do this without variables ,im sure it can happen?

Level 17
man stop trying to make me look an asshole i am already one anyways im a little lazy ass who cant move his hand for shit yes i accept i just made this request and i hope someone helps me stop this converstation now please and thanks for the bumping but if such bump then dont even - Still awaiting for the map..

and mr sankaku if u want ill give you in a new map the spell i am talking about ... if u accept that so i will also ask you if its possible to do this without variables ,im sure it can happen?

but already was wrote how can u do without variable.

• Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
u can just check a hero attribute with trigger, its integer number

Level 13
i don't think you understand. the fact that the spell does not do a flat +150 damage or whatever means that the + damage itself IS IN FACT A VARIABLE.

as said above, though...if you calculate all the information just before you do the damage, then theoretically you don't need the 'variable'. you'll just need one big mathematical argument.

Level 4
for that only way i think the make a trigger or use Damage Engine (Damage Detection System)
then u can fully set the damage or just do this

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning
    • Actions
if u put all ability what u want learn later to spellbook but disable it at map start and add to hero a dummy spell what just like like original

like this
  • Player - Disable Battle Roar for Player 1 (Red)
then check if dummy ability level is 1 and if yes then remove it and enable original

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Dummy Battle Roar for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Dummy Battle Roar from (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Enable Battle Roar for (Triggering player)
i dont think this simple thing needed map (disable/enable ability is at player action), condition ability level is at integer unit level ability, remove ability at unit action

btw, I tried this but I can't click "OK", whats wrong with my jassnewgen.. why don't you just make a trigger so I can copy/paste? I can't trigger this.. or if I do anything wrong tell me, heres the ss:

2ibm1dk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.