• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage Amplify spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello! So I figure I need 3 triggers for this ability. This ability increases the amount of damage a target takes by 15%x LEVEL for 5 seconds. I need a trigger for the casting of the spell, for the timing of the spell (loop trigger) and for the damage event before it is done. I am using Bribes damage system also.
  • Curse Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Curse (Dark Wizard)
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Casting unit)
      • Set TempInteger = (Level of Curse (Dark Wizard) for TempUnit)
      • Set TempPlayer = (Owner of TempUnit)
      • Set TempReal = (0.15 x (Real(TempInteger)))
      • Set TempUnit2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Add TempUnit2 to AA04_CursedGroup
      • Custom script: set udg_AA04_IdInteger = GetHandleId(udg_TempUnit2)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of TempUnit2 using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Curse\CurseTarget.mdl
      • Hashtable - Save TempReal as 0 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
      • Hashtable - Save Handle OfTempUnit as 1 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
      • Hashtable - Save 4.98 as 2 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 9 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 2.00 seconds the text: (String(TempReal))
      • Trigger - Turn on Curse Loop <gen>
  • Curse Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in AA04_CursedGroup) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AA04_CursedGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
              • Custom script: set udg_AA04_IdInteger = GetHandleId(udg_TempUnit)
              • Set TempReal = (Load 2 of AA04_IdInteger from AA99_Hash)
                • If - Conditions
                  • TempReal Greater than 0.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save (TempReal - 0.02) as 2 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
                • Else - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 9 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash)
                  • Unit Group - Remove TempUnit from AA04_CursedGroup
                  • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
This is where the problem is I think...
  • Curse DMG
    • Events
      • Game - UnitIndexEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (DamageEventTarget is in AA04_CursedGroup) Equal to True
          • DamageEventOverride Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DamageEventOverride = True
          • Custom script: set udg_AA04_IdInteger = GetHandleId(udg_DamageEventTarget)
          • Set TempReal = (DamageEventAmount x (Load 0 of AA04_IdInteger from AA99_Hash))
          • Unit - Cause (Load 1 of AA04_IdInteger in AA99_Hash) to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing TempReal damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown
          • Custom script: set udg_AA04_IdInteger = (0)
          • Set DamageEventOverride = False
        • Else - Actions
I don't know how I am supposed to detect the caster of the spell as the source for the extra damage in the damage event trigger, and also maybe I should just set the Damage bonus percentage real in the damage event trigger instead? Thanks for feedback

Level 11
You're using UnitIndexEvent instead of DamageEvent...?

Honestly I'm just really confused about a lot of what you're doing in these triggers.

Level 6
Changed it to damage event and now it amplifies damage. its supposed to increase all damage done to the target by a percentage, the amount amplified should increase depending on how strong the skill is obviously. Im trying to use 15% x Level of Curse at the moment. Currently it does too much damage and I am not sure why? At level 2 Curse makes a 200 damage ability do 85 bonus damage resulting in 285 damage, when it should do only 60 bonus damage based upon 30%, resulting in 260 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.