• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay now this might seem like a SUPER noob question, but in all these tutorials and online guides to custom spells/abilities I see, they tell you to create a variable where x = level of ability, so like for a real basic triggered spell that deals 200 damage first level, 400 damage second level, 600 damage third level, and so on and so forth, I get how to put the damage output in, but how do I make it so that it deals 200 dmg IF it's level 1, or 400 dmg IF it's level 2, and so on. Thanks for the help :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 37
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (200.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))) damage...l
You need to select Arithemtic from the list to get the A x B. Then for the ability level, you need to use Conversion - convert integer to real.

Level 37
And which list am I supposed to find Arithmetic in? Sorry but I'm really new to this D:

When clicking to edit the damage amount, select Arithmetic from the function list. It is almost at the top of the list.

Then it says 1.00 + 1.00 under it. Click the first 1.00 and set it to 200. For the other 1.00, click it and select Conversion - convert integer to real from the function list. It then says Real(Point value of Footman) under it. Change the point value to Unit - Level of ability.

Level 4
ahh okay thanks, now i get it :)

but there's another problem, when i learn the ability (it's based off channel) nothing happens, meaning once i learn it it doesn't go into my actionbar, is there something im doing wrong?

Level 17
ahh okay thanks, now i get it :)

but there's another problem, when i learn the ability (it's based off channel) nothing happens, meaning once i learn it it doesn't go into my actionbar, is there something im doing wrong?

u dont chaned channel to visible

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.