• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Compiling a vJASS Blizzard.j for Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just to throw it out there, I was wondering if anybody had a way to compile a Blizzard.j file formatted using vJASS (namely Vexorian's Caster System) for a mod.

I recognize that in jasshelper.exe you can pass it a "blizzard.j" argument, but from my experiments the blizzard.j is used as a reference, not compiled itself. It would appear to be that jasshelper is limited only to compiling map scripts, which it my issue.

Is there a compiler for modified game scripts -- for different, vJASS versions of Blizzard.j?

Did you try importing your custom blizzard.j into your map and having the path "Scripts\blizzard.j"?

But anyway, I'm not exactly sure why you would want to mod the blizzard.j. If you do mod it, then it means that people who run the map would need to have that custom blizzard.j in war3's mpqs for it to even be recognized. Also, jasshelper won't compile it if it is not in the map script, so it will not run in warcraft 3 at all. You would have to convert it to normal jass before importing or w/e.

I understand that whatever I create will be something people will need in war3's mpqs -- I'm working on a mod, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I did some more research and work on it and accomplished my goal more or less by taking the vJass-portions of the Blizzard.j custom file, building an otherwise empty mapscript out of them, compiling that, and then putting the Jass version of the vJass back into the Blizzard.j file.

Status
Not open for further replies.