• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Circular movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am having some problems with circular movement. I need to a unit move in circle, but not on ground, so I can't use Point with Polar Offset. The unit will be swinging from a rope/chain, much like in God of War. Please, post a picture representing CIRCULAR MOTION IN POLAR CO-ORDINATES
Of course, I will +rep any help, as usual

Last edited:
well, while rotating vertically, you still need to move in the x/y plane... unless you're only moving in either of these angles (0,90,180,270,360) where either the x or the y part is constant... like if you rotate vertically along the 90 degree line, then you'll only be moving along the y-z plane... but if you move for example along the 45 degree line, then you'll be moving in the x,y plane + z-plane... meaning you cannot afford to just convert x or y to z as you need all of the three...

Status
Not open for further replies.