• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Alliance classifies units as 'Neutral'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Heya.
In my map there's something that changes your alliance with 'Player(9)' aka Player 10 in World Editor. I can change the alliance how I want; Making them act friendly to eachother without sharing vision and advanced control or anything. There's just one problem.
When I try to cast a healing spell like Healing Wave, Heal, Holy Light or whatsoever it says it can't target one of those player's units because they're "neutral". Does anyone know if it's possible to make them allied/friend or whatever. If they're Neutral it sucks because I will have to add neutral to every spell's target list and some 'neutral' units are supposed to be neutral.

Does anyone know of a SetPlayerAlliance command that can do this? Or maybe something else. As long as I don't have to 'live with it' and change the ability target lists.

This is what the map has:
JASS:
call SetPlayerAlliance(Player(id),Player(9),ALLIANCE_PASSIVE,true)
call SetPlayerAlliance(Player(9),Player(id),ALLIANCE_PASSIVE,true)

Level 19
Alright. Sounds good.
Could you explain what that does?
My guess is that it makes spells target them as friendly/allied just like I wanted but I'm just curious if that's all it does.

Thanks for the help Pharaoh!

Level 19
Alright. Sounds great!
Gonna try it out as soon as I'm back home again.
I'll keep this post updated with the result.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.