• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bribe's Damage Engine explanation required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Most of Bribe's damage system is very self-explanatory. I am, however, unclear on how to use the Damage Types properly. I never quite could get a hang of it.
Could someone please explain to me in detail (because I'm thick headed) how to do it?

In case this needs more reason to be in Triggers and Scripts; I want to use the Damage Type Detection to make units that are resistant to, for instance, Fire Damage (dealt via triggers with Damage Type).
Can this be done with Bribe's system? Or does it only differentiate between Trigger Damage and non-Trigger damage?

Everytime you deal damage via triggers, you need to DamageEventTipe to a certain integer which represents a certain damage tipe. Lets say you made a triggerd fire bolt. Just before the fire missle deals the damage, you can set DamageEventTipe to 3. If you have a triggerd flame strike, you also set DamageEventTipe to 3. So eveytime DamageEventType = 3 then you can tell that it is fire damage. You can then just use the condidtion "Integer (DamageEventTipe = 3)? to filter fire damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.