• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Best way to disable hidden invulnerable unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Chaosy discovered something interesting here.
You will still need to pause the unit, but it will look stunned:
Make an item ability, with a buff "stunned", and when you want to stun the unit - pause it, and give it that item ability. This way it will look stunned.

When you want the stun to end - remove the ability, and unpause the unit.
(I still haven't tested this way myself tho) :p

Level 19
Chaosy discovered something interesting here.
You will still need to pause the unit, but it will look stunned:
Make an item ability, with a buff "stunned", and when you want to stun the unit - pause it, and give it that item ability. This way it will look stunned.

When you want the stun to end - remove the ability, and unpause the unit.
(I still haven't tested this way myself tho) :p

it doesnt work this way. stuns are flag-based buffs which cannot be emulated anyhow. buffs cannot be applied as well, they aren't exists as a skill and auto-generated when ability with buff first time applied.

A permanent-cast time channel-based ability will disable a unit who is not already silenced/paused/stunned.

Just what I though, and for some reason this system didn't work out well. I'm yet to discover why

Level 12
I just tested it and it works!
  • asd
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of test for Footman 0000 <gen>) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add test to Footman 0000 <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove test from Footman 0000 <gen>
the "test" is an item ability with a buff "Stunned (Pause)"
The only problem is that it begins giving an ability button to the "stunned" unit, but you wouldn't be able to see it if you pause it.
It doesn't work after disabling the ability xP
(still haven't tried with the X -blablablabla, and Y -blablaal, cuz I don't remember what were blablabla supposed to be.
EDIT: Actually I googled it and it said "-2147483648", But WE only allows me to do it as low as "-1000000000" and then it crashed. Worked with "0; -11", but that wouldn't be good for macs.

Level 9
I just tested it and it works!

the "test" is an item ability with a buff "Stunned (Pause)"
The only problem is that it begins giving an ability button to the "stunned" unit, but you wouldn't be able to see it if you pause it.
It doesn't work after disabling the ability xP
(still haven't tried with the X -blablablabla, and Y -blablaal, cuz I don't remember what were blablabla supposed to be.
EDIT: Actually I googled it and it said "-2147483648", But WE only allows me to do it as low as "-1000000000" and then it crashed. Worked with "0; -11", but that wouldn't be good for macs.

[post=2696338]Here[/post] you can find the correct X,Y values to hide a button. And don't forget that you can always use a disabled spellbook to avoid this hassle.
And btw, your method doesn't really disable the unit, although it displays a "Stunned" buff, the unit can still do everything normally.

@Draco, just use Sleep instead of stun, Storm Bolt is not instant but Sleep is. Just add "vuln, invu" to the allowed targets, so that it can target invulnerable, and set reqlevel to 6 to bypass magic immunity (many sources of invulnerability, like Divine Shield and Elemental Fury, also provide magic immunity behind the scenes). Then you can just unhide, cast Sleep, and then hide again.

Level 3
I remenber that set unit Invulnerable then spell bolt works,but bolt unit and set unit Invulnerable will remove 'BPSE'.

Status
Not open for further replies.