• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Autocast Bash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Though I cannot change the animation names of Bash so I decided Cold Arrows as base ability (now I can change the anims name) but I want to have "Bash" effect on it.

It's like each time that "Base Cold Arrow" ability is fired. "Bash effect" is casted upon the enemy unit.

Any ideas how to?

Level 9
you would most likely need a damage detection system for this. there's plenty around.

when the unit takes damage and the attacked unit has buff caused by a buff from the ability (i'm not too sure with these events), make a dummy unit and order it to cast a storm bolt spell.

Level 24
In addition to Light's post:
make a dummy unit and order it to cast a war stomp spell.

Differences:
War stomp is instant.
Storm bolt is not.
Also make sure that you set the dummies right.
(no movement, no turn rate, no cast point, no mana cost, 1 range, targets all units, etc, etc, etc.)

Level 12
Unless you actually order the unit to use it by pressing the ability and the targeting an enemy there won't be any order besides the normal attack target.

So I'm thinking that while you're just auto attacking with autocast on it won't actually use another anim than attack?

Level 9
Unless you actually order the unit to use it by pressing the ability and the targeting an enemy there won't be any order besides the normal attack target.

So I'm thinking that while you're just auto attacking with autocast on it won't actually use another anim than attack?

most likely.
i thought of the orb of lightning effect but i'm not sure if it applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.