• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aura ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Dude if u dude doble thread anyother bump thing ADMIN will have job for u. Trust me. Everyone who is warrned to do not do such things he stopped, but u not. So I will give this to admins or moderators if u do not stop any forbiden thing. Really read rules

read rules yourself idiot. 1st bumping is allowed every 2 days. 2nd i've made thread to normal help zone cause i have though it can be done with just something without triggers and 1guy told me to do it with triggers so i wrote it here cause it is trigger section. and u read the rules yourself kid and than talk. are u sure that word fucking is allowed? u wrote it 2 times.

Bumping and multiple posting: A post (or the act of posting) with the purpose of making the thread rise to the top of the listing is called bump(ing). You may only bump your thread if no posts have been submitted to it in the last 48 hours. You may not submit one or more posts after you've posted (double-post, triple-post, quadruple-post...).

read rules yourself idiot. 1st bumping is allowed every 2 days. 2nd i've made thread to normal help zone cause i have though it can be done with just something without triggers and 1guy told me to do it with triggers so i wrote it here cause it is trigger section. and u read the rules yourself kid and than talk. are u sure that word fucking is allowed? u wrote it 2 times.

Bumping and multiple posting: A post (or the act of posting) with the purpose of making the thread rise to the top of the listing is called bump(ing). You may only bump your thread if no posts have been submitted to it in the last 48 hours. You may not submit one or more posts after you've posted (double-post, triple-post, quadruple-post...).
Bla bla bla.... So what. Every can do that, but they dont. If others are not interested in your thread stop boring then. You will not get popular on that way. Have u seen someone to do you bump thing somewhere.
Edit: btw those are unwritten roles

Level 40
First off, this should probably be in the World Editor Help Zone.

Second off, I can't recall ever trying to associate an aura with an upgrade before, so I'm not sure if there is some sort of special case not allowing this, but I know that it's pretty easy to crash the game with upgrades that update other object data if you mess some object editor stuff up; it might be best to redo the object data from scratch (don't use your previous stuff as a reference or you won't fix anything!) and see if that helps.

Level 4
First off, this should probably be in the World Editor Help Zone.

Second off, I can't recall ever trying to associate an aura with an upgrade before, so I'm not sure if there is some sort of special case not allowing this, but I know that it's pretty easy to crash the game with upgrades that update other object data if you mess some object editor stuff up; it might be best to redo the object data from scratch (don't use your previous stuff as a reference or you won't fix anything!) and see if that helps.

thats what i did. just made new ability aura and made new upgrade which is just leveling it up. if u upgrade when there are no units on map there is no problems. even if u upgrade when there are 1-2 units there are no problems but if there are some more than it crashes. and as i said i wrote here cause someone said that it must be done with triggers, if i would had any ideas how to solve this i would not write here and wait for weeks.

Bla bla bla.... So what. Every can do that, but they dont. If others are not interested in your thread stop boring then. You will not get popular on that way. Have u seen someone to do you bump thing somewhere.
Edit: btw those are unwritten roles

just get out kid i have seen billion times ppl bumping thread and that not against rule so u have nothing to say against me and i dont care what u like or not kid cause u are 10 years old kid. noob troll. btw trolling is AGAINST rules

Level 40
If it's crashing due to the number of units on the map then yes, it's probably unavoidable if you use upgrades. In that case a triggered solution would definitely be better; first off, check if the game still crashes if you update that many auras instantaneously with triggers.

• Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (Units in Playable Map Area) Matching (Unit has ability MyAura) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove MyAura from (Picked Unit)
        • Unit - Add MyUpgradedAura to (PickedUnit)
If that fails you'd have to enum every unit with the upgrade, store them in a group, and slowly deal with them on a timer.

Note that either way you'd have to have a separate trigger to catch any new units and replace the aura. Pain in the ass, but sometimes WE solutions are kind of roundabout.

Level 4
If it's crashing due to the number of units on the map then yes, it's probably unavoidable if you use upgrades. In that case a triggered solution would definitely be better; first off, check if the game still crashes if you update that many auras instantaneously with triggers.

• Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (Units in Playable Map Area) Matching (Unit has ability MyAura) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove MyAura from (Picked Unit)
        • Unit - Add MyUpgradedAura to (PickedUnit)
If that fails you'd have to enum every unit with the upgrade, store them in a group, and slowly deal with them on a timer.

Note that either way you'd have to have a separate trigger to catch any new units and replace the aura. Pain in the ass, but sometimes WE solutions are kind of roundabout.

thanks a lot i'll check. thanks again.

Level 4
ok i've done next : when u start upgrading that aura every dryad are being removed from the game so it doesnt crash. if anyone wants to make better thing than take my map and test it yourself if it works i'll be very glad. (btw to test on many units just disable "limit" trigger)
btw i was making that 1 hour :( i have exam tomorrow, got -1h sleep :(

Level 4
cause i'm not that good in strange ways of triggering i was making the simple trigger of removing units 1 hour . i have no idea how to make what u said. and by the way that will not make new units with upgraded aura .

i've got another idea. i'll remove ability from units instead of removing units. i'll try that now.

ok i made like this. when u start upgrading trigger removes spell from units. when upgrade is finished trigger adds ability back. its working i've tried with about 200 creeps on map :D max is 25 and i dont think anyone would ever get that much, u need to have 5 elf engineers and all 5 must build 5 buildings :D (max building is 5 per 1 type.) so its ok thanks for help

please someone close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.